- Keynote Speakers
- Request Information
- Helpful Tips
- About Us
$7,500 - $10,000
Sarita Maybin is an award-winning professional speaker whose audiences have fun while learning how to stay positive and deal with tough communication situations.
Sarita has trained thousands of people through interactive keynote speeches and seminars. She has spoken in 47 of the 50 states, in nine Canadian provinces, in England, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Iceland. Some of her clients include NASA, Hewlett Packard, National Weather Service, PGA and the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Prior to becoming a full-time professional speaker in 1993, Sarita worked in University Administration for thirteen years, including the role of Dean of Students at the University of California, San Diego.
Sarita has a Masters degree in Counseling, is a contributing author of two books and author of a new motivational CD entitled Turning Negativity into Possibilities. She is also a Toastmasters Humorous Speech contest winner and a Past President of the San Diego Chapter of the National Speakers Association.
If You Can't Say Something Nice, What DO You Say?
This new keynote speech and workshop based on Sarita's book by the title
"If You Can't Say Something Nice, What DO You Say?"
Learn the answers to such questions that apply to every area of work and life, such as:
* How do you know if you should confront a situation or just let it go?
* How can you soften the sting of negative feedback or bad news?
* What should you do if someone asks your opinion and you have nothing nice to say?
* How do you tell your boss a thing or two without appearing ugly or insubordinate?
* What's the best way to respond to nasty comments like "that's a dumb idea?"
How to Turn Negativity into Possibilty...At Work and Beyond
Whiners, naysayers and defensive people...What causes their negative attitudes? In this entertaining and informative presentation you will learn what causes negativity and how to keep the contagious effect from rubbing off on you.
- Sarita’s Three P’s of Positive Thinking
- “Is the glass half empty or half full”: Challenge your assumptions
- Learn to identify the symptoms of negativity - in yourself and others
- What causes negativity at work? Find out informal survey results
- Learn ways to expose subtle negativity such as rolled eyes, sighing and silent resistance
- Find out how to respond to whiners, naysayers and other disruptive personalities
- Find out how to the keep contagious effect of other people’s bad moods from rubbing off on you
- Learn the #1 strategy for staying positive...no matter what!
Communicating for Success
In this interactive presentation you will learn how to communicate in a way that gets your ideas heard and encourages the cooperation of others. Sarita will also share her Top Ten Positive Communication Phrases and her two “green jello” principles of conflict resolution.
- Find out what your body language is saying
- How to overcome barriers to listening
- Why we don’t like to confront and what to do about it
- Pros and cons of confronting conflict
- Key ingredients necessary for resolving conflict
- How to receive feedback without getting defensive
- Do’s and Don’ts of Giving Constructive Criticism
- Sarita’s Top Ten Positive Communication Phrases
- Three Step Communication Model
- Sarita’s “green jello” principles of conflict resolution
This workshop features a fun, interactive team simulation activity that reveals the roles that team members play.
- a ten-item assessment to find out how well your real life team is doing
- tools for improved team communication.
-strategies for using the strengths and weaknesses of team members
-.how to's for handling difficult team members
- how to develop team trust
-five key elements of teamwork
-four stages of team development
-characteristics of ideal team members
-roles people play - an interactive team simulation activity
-how to respond to "anti-group" behavior
How to Get More Done with less Stress
Keynote Presentation or Interactive Workshop)
Is your reality “do more with less?” In this high energy presentation you will discover how to get done the things that matter most and set limits with people who make unreasonable demands, including three ways to say “no” nicely. Strategies for conquering habits that add to your stress will also be shared.
- How to determine which tasks are urgent, important...or neither
- Three strategies for identifying priorities
- How to spend more time on the tasks that relate to your goals
- How to identify and eliminate your most common Time wasters
- Find out how and when you procrastinate
- Top five techniques for overcoming procrastination
- Discover how guilt, perfectionism and other personal traits stress you out and cause poor time mgmt.
- Learn strategies to maximize your resources to get more done
- Fifty clues that you are on stress overload...and what to do about it
- Learn real life stress strategies
Adapting, Succeeding and Thriving in the Workplace
Alternate title: "How to Stay Positive and Focused in Uncertain times"
The ability to stay positive and productive in the face of change, challenges and uncertainty is essential for career success. In this interactive presentation you will learn how to stay motivated, respond to workplace challenges and rekindle passion for your career.
- Seven steps for thriving on change
- How to cope with workplace situations that are beyond your control
- Twelve motivators that can keep you motivated you at work
- Five ways to rekindle passion for your career
- How to communicate concerns in a way that will get the results you desire
- How to effectively protect yourself from the negativity of others
- Strategies for getting the job done when there are no guarantees
- How to create options for yourself at work and at home
- How to manage multiple priorities with shrinking resources