Unstuck: How to Think Differently, Act with Purpose and Work & Live Boldly
Companies want growth and profit. In order to keep up with the speed of business, they need engaged employees who can pivot quickly, innovate, take calculated risk and embrace change.
Employees want a culture of growth, meaning and balance. They have a deep desire to continue to develop their talents and skills, use them in a way that feels purposeful and not have to make sacrifices in their personal lives for professional success.
Unfortunately, many businesses and employees are not achieving their goals.
Using thought provoking and inspiring content – NOT TO MENTION A SURPRISING AND UNEXPECTED AERIAL PERFORMANCE – Unstuck will demand your attention, yank you out of your rut and your seat.
Audiences will learn how to foster a mindset of growth and continuous improvement along with a strong sense of purpose to break free from “business as usual”. This creates a culture that:
- Both welcomes and initiates change
- Is creative, responsive and ready to take action
- Has direction and clarity in a complex world
- Possesses the courage to take calculated risk
- Embraces improvement and development
- Is engaged in their work and their personal lives with a deep sense of fulfillment and happiness
As a business, you can’t afford to keep doing things the way you’ve always done them. You can’t keep thinking the way you’ve always thought. Unstuck will teach your people how to think differently, act with purpose and work and live boldly.
If the Harvard School of Business and Cirque du Soleil had a baby, this would be it – an experience your people will not forget!
*This one-hour keynote has height and rigging requirements.
It’s Time for a rEvolution: Build Your Resiliency and Conquer Your Stress, 60 Seconds at a Time
In addition to the demands of your job continuing to increase every year and your personal life becoming more complex, you are likely trapped behind a desk, eating less healthfully than you would like, and don’t have time for exercise or taking care of yourself. In an attempt to cope, you may be skipping your workouts and sacrificing sleep. You might be turning to food, alcohol, caffeine and nicotine to cope. Unfortunately, all of these things are adding to the stress in your life, not reducing it.
Stress “reduction” or “management” isn’t realistic. Your job is never going to ask less of you, nor are your loved ones. This means your only option is to build your resiliency to stress. As part of the rEvolution you will learn there are positive aspects to the stress response and how to use them to your advantage. You will put into practice simple, pragmatic training techniques that will help your body and brain to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently, as well as raise your threshold for it.
You will understand how your environment consciously as well as unconsciously affects your behavior in significant ways, and how to create a microclimate conducive to change – small tweaks at work and home that literally make change a no-brainer. You will also understand how the brain responds to stress and change and how to implement a successful training plan that will work for the long term.
You will be able to realize your full potential and perform your absolute best — professionally and personally — in the face of stress. If these benefits aren’t enough, your health will improve, you will have more energy, you will sleep better and you can lose weight.
- Understand the stress response, how it affects your brain and body, and how you can better utilize your biological functioning to improve your resiliency, performance and health
- Boost your threshold for stress
- Train your body and brain to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently
- Learn how to strategically use short bursts of movement to Play It Out and mitigate the negative side effects of stress
- Understand common eating patterns and behaviors that add more stress to the body and ways to eat that will support sustainable performance and health
- Design and implement microclimates full of optimal defaults that make positive behavior change automatic
- Find out why willpower doesn’t work when it comes to making long lasting behavior change and what to do instead
Duration: Half- or full-day and includes up to 100 copies of The Resiliency rEvolution: Your Stress Solution for Life, 60 Seconds at a Time and up to 100 units of PowerHouse Hit the Deck. Full-day program includes online Resiliency Survey, 3 months of follow-up emails, body fat testing, waist-to-hip ratio, blood work and exercise session.
Why is this topic important? Stress carries a high cost not only personally, but professionally as well, costing the U.S. businesses more than $200 billion per year. The challenging economy, lay offs, uncertain financial futures, working long hours, and doing the jobs of 2-3 people are raising the level of stressors people need to deal with. Companies need to run leaner and meaner, yet health care costs continue to rise. People are busier and more stretched for time than ever, making a healthy lifestyle difficult to achieve.
How is this practical to the worksite? This dynamic speaking engagement combines interactive exercises and enlightening information that provide simple, effective resiliency strategies employees can incorporate into their lives right away. In addition to knowing how to become more physiologically resilient, they will learn nutrition strategies that minimize stress on their bodies that also improve energy, performance and health. These strategies utilize foods that can be found anywhere and encompass a wide variety of options so that executing the strategies on a daily basis is attainable. Participants will also learn how cardiovascular interval training helps expand resiliency to stress and be given a unique tool to be successful with exercise. Lastly, a comprehension of how stress and change affect brain function and creating a strategy to utilize both parts of the brain ensures employees make long-lasting, positive change.
Stress-Proof Your Brain: Boost Your Brain Power and Positive Moods
We are not just affected mentally and emotionally by stress – it radically alters the chemistry and physical structures of our brains. Stress diminishes our cognitive function while increasing negative emotional states. It makes portions of the brain relating to fear, anxiety and aggression larger and more active. It also kills cells in the brain related to decision-making, focus, attention, memory, learning, and our ability to accomplish goals. We literally lose our minds when we’re stressed and it keeps us from performing well at our jobs and at home.
Stress-Proof Your Brain will help you understand what happens to your brain and cognitive function during and after stress. This comprehension will help you hone in on how it’s affecting your performance, both professionally as well as personally. More importantly, you will learn how to counteract the negative effects as well as boost your brainpower and positive mood states. You will be able to stay focused, make strategic decisions, have sound judgment and not be a victim of anxiety in the face of stress. In the process, you will also improve your energy, fitness, sleep and resiliency.
- Understand how stress affects brain function, structure and chemistry.
- Learn how to utilize advanced, intellectual portions of the brain during stress instead of the more primitive, reactive ones.
- Improve your mental capital and cognitive performance: decision-making skills, focus, memory, attention and conflict resolution.
- Enhance your ability to access positive emotional states while decreasing anxiety, negativity and reactivity.
- Keep existing brain neurons vital and healthy, while growing new neurons and increasing brain volume.
- Improve your health and resiliency.
Duration: One to three hours, includes online Resiliency Survey and up to 100 copies of The Resiliency rEvolution: Your Stress Solution for Life, 60 Seconds at a Time.
Why is topic important? Your professional and personal lives are demanding and result in years and years of accumulated stress, which alters your brain and its ability to think and feel appropriately. These resulting brain changes dramatically hinder your performance. They can create a vicious cycle where the brain becomes predisposed to be in a constant state of fight-or-flight. They diminish your ability to learn, remember, and make decisions. You become short-tempered, short-sighted and emotionally reactive. They also make it more difficult to successfully manage stressful situations in the future, creating a downward spiral.
How is this practical to the workplace? According to the report The Burden of Stress in America, employees report that stress makes it hard to concentrate at work, more difficult to get work done on time, and makes it challenging to take on extra responsibilities. The pace of business is moving faster than ever. Multiple critical, strategic decisions need to be made quickly, and avoiding costly mistakes is imperative. Multitasking keeps our brains in overdrive.
These influences and changes can have significant consequences on what decisions we make, the way we interact with coworkers and clients, whether we can accomplish long-term goals, and our ability to successfully deal with daily challenges.
Confident You: Bold, Energized & Resilient
In the workplace, confidence matters as much as ability—the higher the confidence, the higher the performance. Confidence is the foundation for becoming a strong leader, pursuing challenge, taking risk and putting one’s self in positions to learn and grow. Lack of confidence drives risk aversion and makes employees less willing to pursue challenges. Businesses lose out on innovation, productivity and strong leadership, while individuals miss out on opportunity, career advancement and personal development.
Lack of confidence not only holds women back, it holds companies back. According to one of the most comprehensive business case studies ever conducted, companies that perform best financially have the greatest numbers of women in leadership roles. Yet statistics suggest that lack of confidence is holding women back from leadership opportunities. While more than 50 percent of women hold college degrees and close to 40 percent have MBAs, they comprise less than 5 percent of Fortune 500 CEO positions and only about 15 percent of senior executive positions. Improved confidence allows women to step into and excel in these roles.
While there is no shortage of information around The Confidence Gap in the workplace, there is shockingly little on what to DO about it. That is why this program is essential.
Building confidence in one aspect of our lives transfers to all of them. Training in the following areas creates confidence and competence that can be applied to one’s professional life.
- Confidence is influenced by how well we know our values and purpose. When we lack clarity, we typically lack confidence as well. It is difficult to feel confident in our abilities when we are uncertain about why and how we make decisions. But once we truly understand ourselves, then our decisions will naturally align with our ideals. We will grow in confidence as we learn to trust our internal locus rather than be swayed by external forces.
- Confidence is shaped by what we consume. What we watch, listen to and read can make us feel either positive and empowered or inadequate and insecure. Unfortunately, much of the information we “eat” is junk, filling us with empty “calories” and making us weak. In order to nurture confidence, we must nurture our minds with nourishing input.
- Confidence is affected by recovery. Our days are filled with incessant obligations and habitual time wasters. How can we feel confident when it seems we are not doing enough or not doing it well enough? Recovery means granting ourselves permission to refuel and recharge. Only then will there be time and space for confidence to grow.
- Confidence is linked to our physical being. In particular, we can use movement in strategic ways to connect and change. Our movement needs vary from day to day and person to person. Gentle forms of movement help us center and connect to the inner power within us. More challenging types of movement allow us to build grit and tenacity—if it doesn’t challenge us, it doesn’t change us.
Confidence comes from taking action. This interactive and engaging program teaches women how to develop daily practices that embolden confidence and competence in the workplace and beyond, thus helping companies to have their female employees unleash their untapped potential. Rich with discussion and inner reflection, this course utilizes the wisdom and experiences of the entire group. Attendees leave with personalized plans for taking action in the interrelated areas of inner reflection, thoughtful consumption, strategic movement and regular recovery.
- Close the confidence gap in your organization and foster a culture of high-performing women on paths of improved self-assurance, performance and advancement.
- Empower women to step into leadership roles and develop their abilities to lead, take action, drive for results and improve the bottom line.
- Help women identify their values and purpose in order to guide their decision-making process.
- Embolden women to step out of their comfort zones, embrace challenge, take initiative and strategic risk.
- Balance stress and recovery in order to show up fully focused and energized, as well as to utilize their complete array of talents and skills in the workplace.
- Create opportunity for reflection in order to gain clarity, identify goals, strengths and weaknesses, and what actions need to be taken.
- Design and implement an individualized action plan that improves confidence, competence, energy, engagement and resiliency.
Duration: One to three hours.
Why is this topic important to your business and bottom line? When the Institute of Leadership Management surveyed managers about how confident they feel in their work, half of female respondents reported self-doubt in regards to their job performance and careers. Self-doubt, fear and lack of belief in one’s abilities result in hesitation and inaction. In today’s constantly changing and highly demanding work environment, employees who confidently step up to a challenge and rise to the occasion is a competitive advantage.
Confident leaders take initiative, make bold decisions, drive for results, and are more innovative and purposeful. They create trust, communicate concisely and passionately, drive productivity, and motivate and inspire their teams. They have a clear vision of who and what they want to become, what they want the business and their team to achieve, and how to execute in a bold and successful way.
Closing the confidence gap means employees contribute to the organization more fully, manage well through crisis, and move themselves and the business forward. They not only make up a strong, resilient and energized workforce, they are inspiring role models, transforming the future of the business.
Well On Heels: The Strong, Balanced Woman
Many women have three overlapping workdays: The first day is scheduled work time consisting of meetings, servicing clients and customers, managing communication and connecting with colleagues around the globe. The second workday is made up of the one before, after and in-between – getting up early to get a jump on emails, staying late to get the work done there wasn’t time for between meetings, and multitasking during the day in an effort to be as productive as possible. The third workday begins when you leave the office. Dinner needs to be picked up on the way home, if you have kids, they need to get to practice, laundry has to be done and the house must be picked up. After everyone goes to bed, there is an opportunity to get more work done. No wonder you are often stressed and exhausted by the end of the day!
Well on Heels provides strategies for making yourself a priority that are realistic and doable – not more stressors on your to-do list! In fact, you will leave with a customized action plan that requires very little energy, self-discipline or willpower to accomplish. You will not only improve your health, energy, sleep, productivity, confidence and body fat, you will also become more resilient to stress.
Not a lot of time for exercise? No worries – you will get a tool that gives you a great cardiovascular and resistance workout with no equipment. It is two workouts in one you don’t have to go to the gym to get and you can do it anywhere.
Do you struggle with making the right nutrition choices – especially when you are stressed? You will learn what, when and how much to eat to become more healthy and resilient to stress, and how to do it in a way that is fast, easy and convenient.
Is sleep an issue? The strategies you acquire in this session improve the quality of your sleep, allowing you to get the precious recovery you need for your busy life.
Do you wish you had more energy? Well on Heels will increase your stamina, vitality and power. You will discover how to fuel your body and mind in a way that keep you energized all day.
Is consistency with self-care a challenge? You know what to do and how to do it, but that doesn’t make it easy. You will learn how to consistently take action on your goals despite the sheer number of commitments you are dealing with each day.
This dynamic speaking engagement combines interactive exercises and enlightening information that provide simple, effective strategies to incorporate in to your lifestyle right away. You won’t believe how fun it is to become Well on Heels!
OBJECTIVES: This program addresses the unique psychological and physical needs of the female leader and provides tools for building health, power, resiliency and confidence.
- Build your resiliency to stress
- Elevate your levels of energy, productivity and positivity
- Increase your confidence and strength
- Launch an action plan that is impervious to the busyness of life
- Learn what, when and how much to eat, and how to do it easily
- Quell emotional eating due to stress
- Optimize your body fat levels and stoke your metabolism
- Heighten your level of fitness with minimum time commitment
- Increase the quality of your sleep
- Improve your overall health
- Create a solid foundation for a rewarding career and personal life
Duration: One to three hours and includes up to 100 copies of The Resiliency rEvolution: Your Stress Solution for Life, 60 Seconds at a Time and up to 100 units of PowerHouse Hit the Deck.
How is this practical to the worksite? One in three women in America categorize their stress levels as extreme and many drop out of the workforce in response to the demands of balancing their professional and personal lives. They are an asset every company values, and losing their talent and skills is a detriment to the organization. Women in the workplace are looking for practical strategies for successfully dealing with stress and work/life balance, all while trying to achieve greater levels of professional success. This program provides them with real world, valuable tools for increasing their capacity to be successful leaders within the business as well as their personal lives.