Disruption: The New World of Work Brand You! – Distinct or Extinct?
We are in a brawl with few rules, where the fast, flexible, and agile will eat and spit out the slow, over-thinking, and complacent. In the past, change was episodic, transient, and gradual; now, change is constant as business, technology, and society itself continue to evolve at an ever more rapid pace. Talent, ideas, speed and distinction are keys to winning in the New World of Work.
Individuals, teams, and organizations that fail to develop a distinct ‘brand’ and separate themselves from the pack in this New World of Work will find themselves vulnerable, uncomfortable, and at the mercy of other people, events, or the competition. The white waters of change are unnerving for many. But the fact is they will only become more turbulent. For organizations and employees who are unprepared, the future will be devastating.
Individuals, teams and organizations must be prepared to convincingly answer these critically important questions:
- Who are you?
- How are you dramatically unique or different?
- How do you make a significant difference, or create an overt benefit?
- What is/are your reason/s why anyone should believe in you?
Employers, customers and clients (external and internal) have an abundance of choices today. What would draw someone to you? What makes you different? What are you doing to leverage these forces in order to grow, adapt, innovate, and thrive in the future?
Cultivate a Highly Accountable Culture
Ignite Engagement, Alignment, Ownership, Innovation and Perseverance
Most senior organizational leaders have a firm grasp, clear vision and solid understanding of the critical results that must be realized by their organization as they look out twelve to eighteen months into the future. However, data collected over the past twenty years reveals that 90% of the time those ‘mustachieve desired results’ are not crystal clear in the minds of employees.
Ask your subordinates, your peers, and your boss, “What are the two to four ‘must-achieve desired results’ that our organization must take accountability to accomplish this year?” Would their answers be precise, consistent, and aligned? Would your colleagues, and employees at every level, know how each was being measured? If not, you are not alone! After twenty plus years of working with hundreds of organizations around the world, to our surprise, the data reveals that nine out of ten employees are not clear on what their leaders have identified as the most important results that must be achieved. The ramifications are considerable.
Can employees voluntarily choose to take accountability to help your organization realize your ‘mustachieve desired results’ if they are not sure what they are? How does it feel to be held accountable to deliver a result you did not know existed?
Accountability begins with clearly defined ‘must-achieve desired results.’ Employees cannot choose to take accountability to achieve results that are ambiguous, vague, or foggy. Bereft of pristine clarity, teams and organizations experience lack of alignment, confusion, misunderstandings, miscommunications, mistrust, cynicism, apathy, stress, frustration and isolation. Ultimately giving rise to excuse-making, finger-pointing, and most often a heavy dose of the blame-game.
Practical Tips To Shaping Your Optimal Culture Cultivate a Peak Performing Organization
In years past, to grow and capture market share, the big ate the small. In today's ‘commoditization economy,’ where customers and clients have more choices than ever before, the game has changed significantly. We are in a brawl with few rules, where the fast, flexible, resilient and agile will eat and then spit out the slow, over-thinking and complacent. Cultivating a peak performing culture where employees at all levels are unconditionally engaged, impeccably aligned, relentlessly committed, laser-focused, abundantly creative, generously collaborative and possess implacable ownership and accountability to achieve what matters most is paramount.
Your organization's culture - simply put - is the way that your employees think, the beliefs they hold and the way they act and go about their work. That culture is producing your organization’s every result (financial, operational, customer, employee, etc.). An organization’s (or team’s) culture is either an engine propelling it toward it’s desired results or an anchor impeding and hindering its progress. You can define, lead and shape your optimal culture.
If your future desired results are loftier, more difficult, or just different than those you are achieving today, will your current culture be able to deliver? Most often, the results teams and organizations must achieve in the future will require employees to think and act differently. Creating those ‘shifts’ in how employees think and act is what will propel your team or organization toward those desired results.
Through an intentional focus on a few proven principles, you can ignite extraordinary results within your team or organization. Decades of research have pinpointed principles and practices that accelerate desired shifts in culture. These principles are not complicated—they don’t require an advanced degree or any specialized training. These straightforward, practical and memorable tips can transform your culture to support and deliver your ‘must-achieve desired results.’ The results that will ensure you survive and thrive in the new world of work.
Achieve With Accountability | Develop a High Performing Team or Organization
Accountability is the Catalyst for Accelerated Change, Robust Employee Engagement, Intensified Ownership, Relentless Perseverance, Impeccable Alignment, and propels individuals, teams, and organizations to intoxicating heights of achievement and success. Learn what it takes to awaken the whatever it takes attitude, belief, resolve, perseverance, confidence, determination, drive, and creativity to achieve what matters most to individuals, teams, and organizations.
Discover how to transform accountability into a positive, engaging and forward-looking experience that will secure your position in the new world of work. Learn how to kick-start a revolution that will blast your team or organization to new heights of success. With the world coming at us fast and furious every day, it's easy to feel like you've lost control of your own life, your team or your organization. By choosing to take and lead accountability you reclaim control and are able to direct your own destiny.
• Discover the 4 keys to accountability, along with the observable best practices.
• Cultivate the agility, flexibility, and resiliency to adapt and thrive during constant change.
• Foster collaboration, camaraderie, and teamwork – Establish unshakable trust and credibility.
• Intensify ownership, engagement and alignment – Crumble silos and abolish territorialism.
• Instil a can-do, steely resolve, a solutions-focused mindset in the face of difficult challenges, obstacles and barriers.
• Eradicate the blame-game and vanquish excuse-making that stifle peak performance.
• Shed feelings of disarray, discomfort, apathy, entitlement, indifference, and despair.
• Unleash voluntary contributions of discretionary performance that is often left untapped in individuals, teams, and organizations.
Accelerate Change | Achieve What Matters Most
In the past, a change was episodic, transient, and gradual; now, change is constant as business, technology, and society itself continue to evolve at an ever more rapid pace. Accelerating Change – igniting engagement, passion, ownership, and creativity that is often lacking during times of change, can be accomplished using proven memorable and pragmatic principles. Learn why some organizations achieve and exceed desired results.
Leading change has become a critical competency in today’s economy. But there is a significant and crucial difference between leading and managing change – not only in the approach but also more importantly in the results. The success, or lack thereof, with transformational change efforts, hinges on a few key principles that have been identified, studied and validated.
Nearly 75% of large-scale change efforts fail, or produce mediocre results. By implementing proven change principles that have allowed teams and organizations around the globe to accelerate and sustain desired change, you gain a competitive advantage.
• Embrace the key change principles that are common among successful change efforts.
• Understand the critical difference between leading and managing change and the appropriate ratio required to accelerate change.
• Ignite a heightened sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership at all levels of your organization.
• Discover what it takes to move employees from compliance to commitment – jettison resistance.
• Learn how to create a ‘Want-To’ versus a ‘Have-To’ culture. A culture where change is embraced.
• Avoid the primary pitfalls and traps that sabotage most change efforts.
• Intensify agility, resilience, and perseverance.
Ignite Peak Performance | Create Your Optimal Culture
Culture, simply put, is the convergence of the way your employees think and act. That culture is producing your organization’s every result (financial, operational, customer, employee, etc.). If your future desired results are loftier, more difficult, or just different than those you are achieving today, will your current culture be able to deliver? Most often the results teams and organizations must achieve in the future require employees to think and act differently. Creating those ‘shifts’ in how employees think and act is what will propel your team or organization toward those desired results.
Your culture is your ‘brand.’ The experiences your culture creates (the manner in which your employees think and act) will either reinforce that current ‘brand’ or evoke a new one. You can either lead your culture, or it will lead you. An organization’s (or team’s) culture is either an engine propelling it toward it’s desired results or an anchor impeding and hindering its progress. You can define, lead and shape your optimal culture.
• Learn how to create shifts in the way employees think and act so that your desired culture will flourish and heighten organizational performance.
• Understand how to identify the root cause of undesired cultural beliefs and actions, and how to infuse desired beliefs and actions.
• Discover how to gain voluntary commitments from colleagues so they self-select desired actions - Stop wasting time enforcing compliance around policies and procedures.
• Develop a culture where employees ‘bring more of themselves’ to the workplace – trigger innovation, creativity, and passion.
• Create an organizational laser-like focus on what matters most – eliminate confusion, misunderstanding, miscommunication, mistrust, frustration, and indifference.
• Acquire principles and tools to help you clearly define and then establish your optimal culture.
Survive and Thrive in the New World of Work | The Age of Disruptive Competition
In the age of the never satisfied customer, multi-faceted global influences, and complex economic challenges, there are companies and entrepreneurs (Destructive/Disruptive Competition) at this moment looking to reinvent the way your business is done. How many bookstores were wiped out because of Amazon.com? What happened to Kodak? Blockbuster? Sears? Woolworth’s? Nokia? Rest assured someone somewhere is about to revolutionize your industry or your business. We are in a brawl with few rules, where the fast, flexible, and agile will eat and spit out the slow, over-thinking, and complacent. Individuals, teams, and organizations that fail to adapt will find themselves vulnerable, uncomfortable, and at the mercy of other people, events, or the competition. In this New World of Work, quickly leveraging ideas, talent, and leadership at all levels will separate top performing organizations from the laggards. In today’s commoditized surplus economy, where customers have more choices than ever, what will it take to ensure your products and services are scintillating and memorable?
• Learn to differentiate in a sea of sameness. Distinct or extinct?
• Develop tenacity, resolve and agility to secure your spot in the New World of Work.
• Arouse a sense of purpose and passion among your employees.
• Understand why many individuals, teams, and organizations are losing in the New World of Work.
• Build, enhance and grow your desired ‘brand.’
• Cultivate a workforce that is connected, aligned and delivers your ‘brand promise.
• Capitalize on the untapped potential of your existing top-talent – inspire extraordinary performance.
Amplify Employee Engagement | Capitalize on Passion, Focus, and Commitment
In these tremendously ultra-competitive and turbulent times, how do you cultivate an environment where employees at all levels are engaged, energized and flourish? How do you effectively tap into the enormous wealth of creativity, innovation, passion, energy, and commitment of employees that is often left idle? Much different than ‘job satisfaction’ (there are a lot of highly paid miserable people who are satisfied with their job) – engagement is about passionate, focused and committed employees contributing daily to help achieve what matters most.
In order to thrive, it is essential to engage, enlist and motivate employees at all levels to be all they can be. How do you engender a culture where employees at all levels define their ‘job’ as achieving our desired results, and not simply acting on what is in their ‘job description?’
• Grasp memorable principles that move employees from compliance to commitment.
• Develop a culture where employees ‘bring more of themselves’ to the workplace.
• Understand what it takes to help employees find more meaning and fulfilment in their work.
• Foster innovation and creativity to build and sustain a competitive advantage.
• Discover how to craft a culture where employees go above and beyond what is ‘required.’
• Learn the pathway to differentiation and increased market share.
• Master practical and memorable leadership tools proven to increase levels of voluntary contributions of discretionary performance from those you lead.
Brand You! | You are CEO of Your Career, Life, and Destiny
Welcome to the age of self-determination. The era of ‘entitlement’ is history. It’s up to you to take charge of your career and life. You must become CEO of Me, Inc. It’s about maintaining a competitive edge amidst chaos. It’s about achieving success when the stakes are high and ever-changing. Do you know what it will take? Are you ready for the dramatic changes taking place in the New World of Work?
It is incredibly important in today’s economy for everybody to think of himself or herself as a ‘brand.’ Over the past 10-15 years hundreds of thousands of jobs have been expunged, teams eliminated, and firms are driven to extinction due to ERP, SAP, the Internet, Globalization, White-Collar Robots (EX: Cash Machines) and other factors. Blue-collar robots came and triumphed. The new target – White-Collar World. Are you prepared?
Those who will thrive and endure in the future will embrace the notion of continually developing skills, abilities, and competencies that will set them apart and vividly demonstrate their value to whoever is signing their paycheck. What are you doing to stand out in today’s sea of sameness?
• Arouse your understanding and commitment to what it will take to find success in the New World of Work.
• Discover how to develop and enhance your ‘desired brand’ to secure your position now and in the future.
• Learn what it will take to gain a reputation as a ‘valued’ employee.
• Understand how to find more meaning and fulfilment in your work.
• Grasp what it takes to unleash your true potential.
• Develop a team or organization that is connected, aligned and manifests your organizations brand.
• Create internal champions of transformation.
• Breakthrough self-imposed barriers and mediocrity.
Unleash Leadership Capability | Summon the Exemplary Leader at all Levels
Discover the practices demonstrated by exemplary leaders that result in others voluntarily choosing to follow them. Leadership is a choice and can be learned, nurtured, and refined – by employees at all levels. Grasp an understanding of the most desired leadership traits employees crave from their leaders (based on 250,000 case studies).
Embrace memorable principles that can be put into practice immediately. Whatever the desired results you wish to achieve or challenges within your organization – employee engagement, culture change, breaking down silos, improving collaboration, raising employee morale, merging cultures, doing more with less – it is through your people that you will either succeed or fail. The manner in which your people behave is a reflection of leadership.
• Acquire proven tools, models and principles to heighten and refine your untapped leadership potential.
• Learn the five best practices demonstrated by exemplary leaders and how you can apply them.
• Discover the key elements of communicating a vision that leads to increased levels of commitment, engagement, and accountability.
• Understand what it takes to cultivate a culture where employees ‘bring more of themselves’ to the workplace – where they are engaged, energized and flourish.
• Embrace memorable principles that move employees from compliance to commitment.
• Learn to influence, transform and achieve any change that is most important to you your team, or your organization.
• Discover what it takes to influence and inspire others – with or without positional authority.
• Vanquish any existing degrees of the ‘us’ vs. ‘them’ mindset.
Elevate Mindfulness | Nurture Self-Awareness, Live in the Moment, Bolster Effectiveness
In a society where some experts suggest the average attention span is eight seconds, how do you enhance mindfulness and live in the moment? The benefits of being present and aware improve peace of mind, control, and personal growth. Developing your ability to be cognizant of your feelings, thoughts and bodily sensations bolsters your level of consciousness and intensifies your feelings of control and effectiveness.
With the relentless and unyielding amount of information, distractions and minutia that bombards you daily, learning to develop mindfulness is your respite during the storm and bolsters your ability to achieve what matters most.
• Discover the culprits that sabotage mindfulness and what you can do to avoid them.
• Develop your ‘awareness radar’ – the ability to better understand what is in the head and heart of those around you.
• The majority of positive emotions are anchored in the present. Learn to leverage that in order to evoke more inner-peace.
• Learn the best practices utilized by those who have mastered the art of mindfulness.
• Enhance your ability to control your thoughts rather than your thoughts controlling you.
• Understand the significant consequences of multi-tasking and the toll it takes on mindfulness.
• Learn the benefits of focus, commitment to choices and living in the present.
• Discover how mindfulness reduces stress and anxiety and can improve memory.
Flawless Execution | Transform Strategic Intent Into Reality
Deciding upon new strategies and direction is challenging. Enlisting employees at every level to think, act and behave in a manner that assures the strategy results in success is even more difficult. Executing any strategy that requires a change in human behavior may be the most difficult challenge a leader will ever face. What does it take to ensure key strategies are not slowly suffocated, but rather produce exhilarating results?
Two out of three crucial strategies fail to produce desired outcomes. How many of your most crucial strategies over the past two or three years achieved and sustained rousing success? How many slowly suffocated over time? Applying these principles of flawless execution will enhance your likelihood of success.
• Learn the four principles of execution that are common among strategies that achieve and sustain desired results.
• Understand the most common ‘de-railers’ of flawless execution and how to avoid them.
• Internalize a common framework and methodology to ensure your top strategies are achieved.
• Discover how to create an organizational focus on critical new strategies that will ensure future success, while still maintaining peak performance in the day-to-day operations.
• Learn how to ‘deconstruct’ crucial strategies down to the individual contributor level so that all employees understand how ‘what they do’ contributes to the success of the strategy.
• Develop the ability to align, engage and enlist necessary personnel and key stakeholders.
• Spawn a culture where employees at all levels focus on actions and behaviors that will positively contribute to execution excellence.