WORKING HORIZONTALLY: INFLUENCING BEYOND YOUR OWN TEAM
The modern workplace has become excessively complicated and we pay the price with unnecessary emails, phone calls and meetings. Organizations are stronger with cross-functional collaborative teams, yet they deal with massive constraints, leading to endless dysfunction and delays.
Why do some organizations deliver high performance and others not? The answer is by learning to drive informal influence beyond your team to drive innovation, value, and performance.
In this dynamic, engaging, high-energy, fast-paced keynote, Erica Dhawan shares insights into how leaders can leverage informal influence to drive change and utilize the talents that different silos, cultures, and generations all bring to the table. This is a powerful, interactive presentation for leaders who seek to breakthrough friction, drive innovation, shift company culture and transform the untapped connectional intelligence of your entire workforce.
Learning Outcomes include:
- Insights to deliver game-changing influence to reduce complexity and inefficiency
- Actionable tools and prescriptive solutions to maximize cross-silo team engagement and performance
- Tools to enhance individual and team effectiveness, achieving growth and maximizing business value
THE NEW RULES OF BODY LANGUAGE IN A DIGITAL WORKPLACE
When your colleague replies “fine!” are they actually fine… or are they angry? Do you wait hours to get clarification on a vague e-mail? Did that weekend text message from your boss irritate you? We are communicating faster and more often than ever before. We feel like we’re connected – but are we really? We save time using email, right? But then we end up using all of that ‘saved’ time to clarify what we meant in the first place. In person, we can clarify context immediately. We rely on body language and tone to grasp the real meaning. With our digital walls up, we lose subtext and nuance.
We all leave a digital impression on each other. If someone doesn’t text back for hours or even days, do you think they are being rude? Is using an emoji or LOL unprofessional, or creating a human connection with your team? What impression does your boss, team, or colleague think of that kind of behavior? Whether your team works on separate floors, buildings or even countries, they have to connect online in order to collaborate. These new misunderstandings are happening all day, every day. They’re reducing your employee engagement, morale, and team performance each time.
In this keynote, you will learn new rules and nuances of creating a human connection in digital communication, led by collaboration expert Erica Dhawan.
Learning Outcomes include:
- Understand your digital communication style and what signals you are broadcasting (even if you don’t intend to!)
- Reduce the confusion and frustration that comes with communication across all our various mediums, like email, phone, IM, text, apps and even live meetings
- Develop a digital communication strategy to create the highest performing teams
- Understand and use digital subtext to create real intellectual and emotional connection, no matter the distance
Get Big Things Done: Unleash your Connectional Intelligence
We typically associate success and leadership with smarts, passion and luck. But in today’s hypercompetitive world, even those gifts aren’t enough. Strategist Erica Dhawan argues that the game changer is a thoroughly modern skill called Connectional Intelligence (CxQ). Virtually anyone can maximize his or her potential, and achieve breakthrough performance, by developing this crucial ability.
So, what is it? Connectional Intelligence is the ability to combine knowledge, ambition and human capital, forging connections on a global scale that create unprecedented value and meaning. As radical a concept as Emotional Intelligence was in the 90s, Connectional Intelligence is helping people enlist supporters, accelerate innovation, develop strategies, and sustain solutions to big problems.
This dynamic keynote will help employees understand the practice of using connectional intelligence as the key to professional success and leadership in the 21st century. Attendees will learn from real-life stories and leave with an action plan to become a power player in your organization. Learning outcomes include:
- How anyone can excel not just through skills and smarts, but through Connectional Intelligence
- Keys to leveraging your networks and connections, and creating contagious positive results
- Successful tactics used to address connectional overload and in changing turbulent times
- How leaders create deep connections of fierce loyalty and respect from their team and customers
- How connectionally intelligent leaders outperform the competition and create remarkable results
Now it’s your turn to leverage the secrets of the people using connectional intelligence. It’s your turn to “Get Your Big Things Done.” You’ll be surprised at just how easy it is.
How to Build a Connectionally Intelligent Organization
Connectional Intelligence (CxQ) helps organizations accelerate and sustain the capability to drive breakthrough innovation and results by harnessing the power of relationships and networks. In our new world of an embedded digital, global infrastructure that connects all of our lives, the power of connectional intelligence holds exponential and previously untapped potential for breakthroughs in ways we can barely begin to imagine in the workplace. To harness CxQ, we have to work with the future workforce differently – because they are ahead of the rest of us in harnessing connective capacity.
In this keynote, Erica Dhawan shares insights into how leaders can bring out the connectional intelligence of your employees and utilize the talents that different silos, cultures, and generations all bring to the table. This is a powerful, interactive presentation for leaders who seek to breakthrough generational friction, drive innovation, shift company culture and transform the untapped connectional intelligence of your entire workforce.
- Understand the resources each employee brings to the workplace
- Decode the connectional capacity of each generation and culture and use that knowledge to significantly improve innovation
- Transform workforce conflicts into growth points
- Create processes designed to maximize the ability to connect people, ideas, and resources for breakthrough results
How to Maximize Value from Millennials
Millennials are the rising generation in the workforce today. Millennials expert Erica Dhawan reveals the #1 key to determining their workplace performance: Connectional Intelligence. For millennials, engagement with different kinds of connection is not just about social media – it’s embedded in all aspects of their daily life and work. This engagement enables them to realize exponential results from Connectional Intelligence (CxQ) leading them to drive growth, streamline costs and improve the overall performance of your business. The way to acquire, engage and retain top millennial talent to generate fast results is to stop with the play and perks. Instead, put their fundamentally different, powerful, radical, and disruptive Connectional Intelligence to work.
This presentation and/or workshop will decode the millennials’ employment mindset, reveal how to maximize millennials recruitment, retention and performance, and offers specific actions to unleash your millennials’ Connectional Intelligence.
Other Speaking Topics:
Preparing for the Global Workforce
Marketing to Millennials