Vinny Boles - Pantheon of A Warrior
With Vincent Boles, author of the upcoming book, "4-3-2-1 Leadership: What America's Sons and Daughters Taught Me on the Road from 2nd Lieutenant to 2 Star General, you have a leader who has done more than read a textbook on the subject of leadership and logistics. You have a career Army officer with 33 years of experience in staying ready for war and, when needed, leading and supporting teams into that toughest crucible, combat. Highlights from his experience in 9 years as a General include:
- Managing the nation's $27 Billion ammunition account.
- Assuming command of the Army's War Reserve equipment 6 weeks before the attacks of 9-11 and flexing it into operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and other locations.
- Deployed to Kuwait in preparation for the Invasion of Iraq with 142 personnel, which, in 90 days, grew to a force of over 8,000 soldiers, civilians and contractors by the time the invasion began.
- Forward deployed from Kuwait into Iraq, in the summer of 2003, he assumed command of the 16,000 personnel responsible for providing all logistical support and services to the 150,000 members of the coalition.
- Upon redeployment from combat operations, Boles was assigned as the Army's 33rd Chief of Ordnance. Responsible for the doctrine, training and professional excellence of the 120,000 Soldiers affiliated with the Corps, he made his primary focus taking the "lessons learned" in combat operations and embedding them in training programs.
- In his final Army assignment Boles served as the Army's Chief Operating Officer for Logistics Operations. Assigned to the Pentagon, he was responsible for; operations and readiness of Army equipment, the force projection and distribution of personnel and equipment around the globe and overseeing the logistics strategy for the 1.1 million Soldier Army.
Today, he is the president of Vincent E. Boles Inc; a leadership and logistics consulting practice where he focuses on working with leaders and supply chain professionals that need to maximize their return on their most precious resource; their people. An adjunct professor of Life Cycle Logistics for the Department of Defense at the Defense Acquisition University, he annually trains over 200 Department of Defense Logistics professionals for Level III certification (the capstone achievement of their profession). In 2011, Major General Boles was inducted into both the Niagara University ROTC and United States Army Ordnance Corps Halls of Fame. To book Leadership and Logistics Speaker Vincent Boles call Executive Speakers Bureau at 800-754-9404.
In this presentation, leaders are given critical tools they can use now to insure their team's best gets better. Focus is on ten tools that leaders can develop and utilize in their leadership tool box.
- The 4 Expectations teams have of their leaders
- The 3 Questions to ask AND answer when leading others
- The 2 Reasons for stress in an organization
- The 1 Critical thing to focus on when leading
Leading in a Crisis
This presentation aligns leaders to the new normal in crisis response. Topics covered are the definition of a crisis, what you need to do before the crisis occurs, how the crisis impacts your systems (logistics, facilities, equipment, people), and what to do after the crisis. The target audience for this presentation are those leaders who are responsible for stepping up during a crisis training session and an actual event.
There Have Always Been “Times Like These”
Leaders and their teams often feel they are confronting challenges for the first time. In this presentation, Vinny reviews the last half of the 20th century and highlights the challenges that occurred that were not predicted, yet were overcome by organizations and leaders conducting themselves from a sense of shared values. The audience will hear that while much has changed, success in struggle comes because of what does not change - values. An organization with a solid and shared values base will endure.
Leading and Leveraging
Vinny discusses the links in your supply chain drawing on his 33 years as a logistician and operations manager of the military’s supply chain at many of its links from the port to the Pentagon, Vinny will walk your team through four critical issues that inhibit the optimization of your supply chain:
- Standards you use.
- Systems you put in place to attain the standards.
- Who is in your charge of your standards, your systems?
- The metrics you measure and how you use them.
Providing real-world examples of what worked, what didn't work, and why, Major General Boles will lay out a real-world depiction of a supply chain in motion. You and your team will have news you can use to better optimize your supply chain, whether across town or around the globe.
“Exceptional!!! Best content and theory I have ever seen, absolutely on the mark.”
“I glanced over the critique sheets and he is drawing top marks across the board…He pulled it all together and made it personal. He was, to be honest, great!”
“I am confident we are better prepared to anticipate and respond to our next crisis.”
“Our attendees were absolutely blown away by your presence, delivery, and most of all the content of your message.”
No News Found For this Speaker!