Dr. Tracey Wilen Speech Video
Dr. Tracey Wilen is a prominent thought leader and speaker on the impact of technology on society, work, and careers. A former visiting scholar at Stanford University, she has held leadership positions at Apple, HP, Cisco, and the Apollo Group.
Dr. Wilen has authored 11 books, including her most recent book, Employed for Life, 21st. Century Career Trends (2014), Women Lead: Career Perspectives from Workplace Leaders (2013) and Society 3.0: How Technology Is Reshaping Education, Work, and Society (2012).
She has appeared on CNN, Fox, and CBS News, and in the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, Forbes, the Los Angeles Times, and USA Today. She frequently contributes to the Huffington Post, the Examiner, and the Christian Science Monitor, and weekly appears on radio shows across the US as an expert guest.
Dr. Wilen is a global speaker on the impact of technology on work, careers, and women’s leadership.
Dr. Wilen was named San Francisco Woman of the Year and honored by the San Francisco Business Times as the most Influential Woman in Bay Area Business in 2012.
To book Tracey Wilen call Executive Speakers Bureau at 800-754-9404.
Society 3.0 - The Future of Work, Skills, and Careers in a Digital World
(Keynote speech, 30 - 40 minutes, includes multimedia)
This presentation is eligible for HRCI, SHRM credits
Rapid changes in society and technology have changed the workforce and employment. Today there are new pressures on workers to change the way they prepare and plan for modern day careers. These changes also require employers create work environments that ensure a qualified workforce. This multimedia presentation focuses on 10 trends that impact jobs, 10 new skills that are needed today to remain relevant, and how to manage your career in a digital world. Using multimedia and current industry examples this speech can be customized to your unique workforce needs.
The presentation includes highlights from the books “Society 3.0 How Technology Is Reshaping Education, Work and Society”, “Women Lead: Career Perspectives from Workplace Leaders”, and "Employed for Life, 21st Century Career Trends."
- Societal Changes - How globalization and societal forces have created a new workplace.
- Technology Innovations - What technologies are changing the work, skills and careers?
- The Future of Work – What will work look like in the future?
- Future Skills – What new skills are required in a digital world?
- Evolution of Education- How do we shift from a classical world to a digital world?
- The Future of You – How you can stay employed for life.
Gender and Generations drive new forms of leadership (Women Lead)
(Keynote speech, 30 - 40 minutes, includes multimedia)
This presentation is eligible for HRCI, SHRM credits For future leadership, look to women and our younger generation. Research shows women outperform men on most executive competencies. Managers of both genders rate women higher than men on a wide range of leadership skills, including communication, collaboration, and problem solving. Our younger generations offer new ideas and technologies that have value for organizational advancement. This multimedia presentation highlights findings from the book “Women Lead: Career Perspectives from Workplace Leaders”, which includes interviews with 200 women leaders and surveys of more than 3000 male and female managers across multiple industries.
Participants will learn:
- Future Leaders – How work and leadership is changing, paving the way for new leaders.
- Leadership - Why women leaders will lead the future of work.
- Generations - How younger generations are driving new leadership practices in the modern workplace.
- Gender - Why gender matters less and quality leadership means more.
- Skills - What skills and attributes will help future leaders stay more competitive?
- Business Negotiating - Why women are critical at the negotiating table.
- Personal Negotiations - Tips to create your personal negotiating success.
- Future - What steps women and men can take to become more innovative leaders?
Take a Career Selfie
Employer & employee workshop series
Increase employee motivation, productivity and retention
There are over 93 million selfies taken every day and this number is growing. Americans spend more time photographing themselves than focusing on their personal career development. One third of Americans are not financially prepared for retirement and many do not have a plan. Something is wrong with this picture! Is it time to take a career selfie? During this workshop series individuals will work on their own Career selfies to ensure they are prepared for any career opportunity or turn. The presentation includes highlights from the book "Employed for Life, 21st Century Career Trends" Contact Tracey@traceywilen.com for more information and your unique corporate needs.
- The elevator pitch - Bump into the CEO in the elevator and don’t know what to say? Learn what an elevator pitch is and how to create one that will ensure you are remembered.
- Personal Brand – You are ready for a lateral move but your employer doesn’t know you exist? Learn how to develop a personal brand that will fast track you to your next career move.
- Career planning – You desire your employees to be more proactive about their personal career planning? During this workshop we will cover how to plan careers timelines and life goals in a 24X7 digital world.
- Pump up your profile – When was the last time you reviewed your resume and your linked in profile? Managers do review them. During this session we will review some of the newest techniques to improve your resume and profile.
When Doors Close, Windows Open- Graduation speech
An inspiring graduation speech based on personal experience on how to create, enjoy and manage your career and life adventure in an unpredictable world. Contact Tracey@traceywilen.com for more information or unique school needs.
Event Manager, Hawaii Business Magazine
“… I've received an overwhelming amount
of positive feedback from our attendees
regarding [Dr. Tracey's] presentation and
the workshop [she] moderated. [Her]
contribution to the program really brought
our conference to the next level. … I
appreciate all of the extra time (and
flexibility) [Dr. Tracy] committed to
making this conference a valuable
experience for our attendees [at the] Wahine
Programs Chair, NAWBO
“Tracey was an extremely well-received
keynote speaker for our group, the National
Association of Women Business Owners,
Silicon Valley Chapter. …Tracey skilfully
customized her talk for the needs of our
members, she is very passionate about her
subject, and she is an extremely engaging
presenter! ... I would highly recommend her
for your group!”
Sean Herriott, Host of Morning Air ® on Relevant Radio ®
“Tracey Wilen cuts through the uncertainty
of today's job market. She offers clear and
insightful advice about everything from
social media networking to strategies for
standing out from the pack. Dr. Wilen is a
regular guest on my show, and I know my
listeners always come away with
information that will encourage and
Margaret Jackson, AM 1220 KDOW Business Radio Host
“Dr. Tracey Wilen, is a phenomenal show
guest, always well-prepared, and delivers an
immense amount of in-depth industry
No News Found For this Speaker!