The True Rudy Story ( Part 1 )
Against all odds on a gridiron in South Bend, Indiana, Daniel Rudy Ruettiger in twenty seven seconds, carved his name into history books as perhaps the most famous graduate of the University of Notre Dame.
The son of an oil refinery worker and third of 14 children, Rudy rose from valleys of discouragement and despair to the pinnacles of success. Today, he is one of the most popular motivational speakers in the United States. It took years of fierce determination to overcome obstacles and criticisms, yet Rudy achieved his first dream - to attend Notre Dame and play football for the Fighting Irish. As fans cheered RU-DY, RU-DY, he sacked the quarterback in the last 27 seconds of the only play in the only game of his college football career. He is the only player in the school's history to be carried off the field on his teammates' shoulders.
In 1993, TRISTAR Productions immortalized his life story with the blockbuster film, RUDY. Written and produced by Angelo Pizzo and David Anspaugh, the award-winning team who brought us HOOSIERS, the critically acclaimed RUDY received Two Thumbs Up from Siskel and Ebert and continues to inspire millions worldwide.
Today, a highly sought after motivational speaker, Rudy entertains international corporate audiences with a unique, passionate, and heartfelt style of communicating. He reaches university students, corporate audiences and professional athletes with the same enthusiasm, portraying the human spirit that comes from his personal experiences of adversity and triumph. His captivating personality and powerful message of YES I CAN stays with his audiences forever.
Rudy shares the speaking platform with great leaders and speakers including President George Bush, First Lady Barbara Bush, Peter Lowe, Joe Montana, General Colin Powell, Christopher Reeve, and Zig Zigler. Rudy's opening remarks receive thunderous applause and standing ovations from audiences of 200 to 20,000 people who emotionally chant RU-DY, RU-DY! A few of Rudy's appearances include People Magazine, Sports Illustrated, US Magazine, Readers Digest, Inside Sports, The 700 Club, NFL Films, ABC Good Morning America, NBC Talk Live, Regis and Kathy Lee, Montel Williams Show, Entertainment Tonight, and others.
In addition to his motivational speaking, Rudy has co-authored several books, including: RUDY'S INSIGHTS FOR WINNING IN LIFE, RUDY'S LESSONS FOR YOUNG CHAMPIONS, and RUDY & FRIENDS, and has produced the DREAM POWER tape series.
He has recently established the RUDY FOUNDATION, whose mission is to help children of all ages around the world reach their full potential. The Rudy Foundation develops and supports programs that positively impact the lives of children cognitively, emotionally, physically and spiritually. The Rudy Award Program was created by the Rudy Ruettiger Foundation to recognize children who make an outstanding, exceptional effort to do their personal best everyday, overcome obstacles, set goals, stay on track to reach their Dreams and build the qualities of Character, Courage, Contribution, and Commitment into their lives everyday. The Rudy Award is about a child's heart, will to change, and desire for self-improvement.
Motivation And Inspiration For Achievement
Rudy™s Rules: Game Plans For Winning At Life
- Rudy will come to your organization and give his motivational presentation. Rudy’s message of overcoming obstacles and staying on track to reach your dreams will inspire your audience and bring them to their feet! Rudy’s presentation includes a video production that touches the spirit and impacts the audience with an overwhelming “Yes I can” attitude.
- Rudy will come to your organization and give his motivational presentation as described in Option One. While in your area, Rudy will also present the RUDY AWARDS TM Program to the Middle School of your choice. The Rudy Foundation will supply the school with program materials and selection criteria needed to implement the RUDY AWARDS TM Program. The school will nominate one student per classroom and from that group will select one school finalist. Each finalist will be honored and recognized for their accomplishments with a RUDY AWARDS TM Medallion and Rudy Credits (which can be applied towards educational or motivational programs or products approved by the Rudy Foundation such as: Leadership Camps, Self - Improvement Programs or Seminars, College Education, or Trade School). Finalists will also receive a RUDY AWARDS TM Program Plaque to display in their school.
The Rudy Team can also bring Corporate Training to YOU!
- The Rudy Corporate Training Program was established for organizations who want a follow-up program to Rudy’s Motivational Keynote Presentation. Rudy kicks off the RUDY Corporate Training Program with an inspirational, uplifting, Motivational Key note presentation accompanied by a video production. Then our Rudy Corporate Trainer will show your group how to implement Rudy’s message into their lives everyday, work together as a team, accomplish their goals, overcome obstacles, and get the results needed to take your company to the next level. Rudy International has a team of RUDY Corporate Trainers. Our staff will obtain a detailed company profile on your company in order to recommend the RUDY corporate trainer that would best fit the needs of your group. Then our staff will schedule a conference call between you and your Rudy Corporate Trainer to outline your custom made corporate training program. This program will give your team something to look forward to everyday and a reason to make things happen!
Rudy will come to your college or university and give his motivational presentation to the students. His message of overcoming obstacles and staying on track to reach your Dreams will inspire your audience and bring them to their feet! Rudy's presentation includes a video production that touches the spirit and impacts the students with an overwhelming "Yes I Can" attitude.
To add a special touch to your event and keep Rudy's message alive in your group, Rudy will be available immediately following the event to meet and greet the audience and offer his books and tapes to your group along with a personalized autograph on any item purchased. You can choose Option 1 or 2. Option 1: The college or university may purchase any of Rudy's product in advance at a discount, and may either use it as a give-a-way or as a fundraiser to sell at retail after the event. Option 2: Rudy will have his product available for sale after the event at no expense to the client. All proceeds from product sales goes to the Rudy Foundation for children. Visit our website at www.rudyint.com for more information on the Rudy Foundation.
(Note) Suggestions for funding Rudy's college and university program may include: grants obtained by your college or university for such services, corporate and small business sponsorships or fundraiser
For Elementary, Middle & High School
- Rudy will come to your school and do an assembly with a video presentation. After the assembly he will visit with (2) selected small groups to interact with students and teachers one on one. The small groups may include: sports teams, teachers, or a selected group of individuals who have worked hard to earn special time with Rudy. All of the activities with Rudy must take place on the school property and must be within the scheduled school day. All activities must be approved in writing by Rudy International.
- You may also choose to share Rudy with another school in your area. In this case Rudy will do one assembly with video presentations in each school. You have the advantage of splitting the speaking fee and travel expenses with the other school.
- RUDY AWARD PROGRAM: If you are a Middle or Jr. High School, an additional benefit to the school program is that Rudy will introduce the RUDY AWARDS Program to your school. The Rudy Foundation will provide all program materials and selection criteria. The teacher of each participating classroom will nominate one student. One finalist from each participating school will be chosen by an approved selection committee. Each finalist will be honored and recognized for their accomplishments with a RUDY AWARDS Medallion and Rudy Credits (which can be applied towards educational or motivational programs or products approved by the Rudy Foundation such as: Leadership Camps, Self - Improvement Programs or Seminars, College Education, or Trade School). Finalists will also receive a RUDY AWARDS Program Plaque to display in their school.
“Having met Rudy and exchanging mutual philosophies, I find him to be an individual of exceptional character and broad goodwill. His resolve stands as a testament to the enduring belief that an individual can rise above extraordinary obstacles to achieve a positive result in this incredibly competitive world.”
Shelley Berkley Congresswomen
“Mr. Ruettiger’s list of accomplishments and contributions speaks for itself. He serves as an excellent inspiration for our young people, an example that hard work and determination are the pathways to success.”
Bruce A. Broadwater Mayor
“I am still hearing rave reviews from people who attended our event about how much they enjoyed hearing you speak. We have hosted many special events featuring extremely successful authors, entrepreneurs, and athletes, and all have been professional, entertaining, and memorable in their own way. But Rudy, I have to say, that none of them have connected with an audience quite the way you did!”
Kenny C. Guin Governor
“Rudy has impacted millions of American lives by being an example of perseverance, determination, and diligence. He is a man that has shown strength of heart and amazing spirit in times that are not always kind. He has become an example of what people, young or old, can aspire to become.”