One of the most in demand business speakers, Dr. Robert Kriegel teaches bold, innovative, out of the box strategies for keeping ahead of the changes, challenges and competition in today’s dynamic marketplace.
A commentator on National Public Radio’s Marketplace program, Kriegel has done two specials for PBS. U.S. News & World Report called him one of the country’s leading authorities in the field of change and human performance. He has taught at Stanford University’s Executive Management Program and is a former advertising executive for Young and Rubicam where he managed Proctor & Gamble and Travelers Insurance accounts.
Dr. Kriegel is the author of the national bestseller: If it ain’t broke...BREAK IT! and Sacred Cows Make The Best Burgers, which made Business Week’s bestseller list. His recent book which focuses on innovation and out of the box thinking is: How to Succeed in Business Without Working so Damn Hard.
A former all American swimmer and co-founder of one of the first institutes of sports psychology, Bob has coached both Olympic and pro athletes and teams. The New York Times said his work “spurred a revolution in performance practices.” He is the co-author of The New York Times best seller Inner Skiing which Ski Magazine said; ”set skiing ahead 10 years” and has done color commentary for the US Pro Ski Tour on ESPN. His new book, based on his 30 years as a mental coach for high performers, is: Performance Under Pressure; how to be at your best when it counts.
His customized speeches and programs will entertain you, inform you and inspire you. He will teach you how to develop and lead Change-Ready© people and organizations. You’ll learn how to round up sacred cows that inhibit change and new opportunities as well how to develop strategies for gaining the competitive edge by leading customers not following them and rethinking rules, redefining roles and reinventing their game.
To book Dr. Robert Kriegel call Executive Speakers Bureau at 901-754-9404.
THRIVING IN TURBULENT TIMES
The old rules for success no longer apply in this current environment of increased competition, change and uncertainty. If you use yesterday’s thinking in today’s world you won’t be around tomorrow.
To survive today, companies need to be Change-Ready© - to drive change by constantly challenging old thinking and seeking bold innovative out of the box new ideas, opportunities and possibilities
In these presentations you will learn bold innovative strategies for keeping ahead in these turbulent times.
Specifically Dr Kriegel will discuss how to develop Change-Ready© strategies that are proactive not reactive, leaders not followers, and out in front of the wave rather than struggling to keep up.
- Four strategies for creating innovative new ideas, opportunities and possibilities.
- How to overcome the three major obstacles to change and innovation
- How to motivate people to become drivers of change
- How to streamline operations by rounding up sacred cows that cost money and inhibit change and innovation
- Why the tried and true needs to be dead and buried
- The importance of constantly challenging the status “in the way it’s always been done”
LEADING IN TURBULENT TIMES
- How to create a Change Ready© culture in which innovation flourishes, people are open and excited about change and performing at peak levels
- Three strategies for keeping people motivated and ‘up’ in tough times
- How to overcome the most common obstacles to change and innovate new ideas
- Three steps for developing can do thinking that turns new ideas into action and increases confidence, commitment and momentum
- How to coach people to excel under pressure
DEVELOPING A CHANGE READY MIND SET
- Create change not respond to it, lead not follow, proactive not reactive
- How to out-think rather than out-work the competition
- Three characteristics of Change- Ready© thinking
- Three strategies for thinking ‘out of the box’
- Sacred Cow Hunts, streamlining productivity
- Red/Green time - the 90% solution
LEADERSHIP - CREATING A CHANGE-READY ORGANIZATION
- Creating an organization that fosters innovation
- How to create the future not respond to it
- The Four “M” qualities of leadership - Modeling, Mentoring/Coaching, Motivating, eMpowering
- Playing to Win vs. Playing not to lose
- Four strategies for creating bold innovative ideas
- Three strategies for motivating people and generating excitement about change
- Four strategies for streamlining operations and rounding up
- Sacred Cows that are costly, time consuming and prevent change and innovation
- Can-do thinking for turning innovation into action
- The passion scale—how to keep people “up” in down times
IF IT AIN’T BROKE…BREAK IT!
Surfer’s rules for riding the wave of change without wiping out
Four Break-It! thinking techniques for developing bold innovative new ideas and opportunities:
- flipping rules
- looking outside
- working backward
- combining things that haven’t been
- thinking like a beginner
Bold, innovative ‘out of the box’ thinking strategies for:
- keeping ahead of the wave
- solving old problems in new ways
- creating new opportunities and possibilities
- how to create the Future not respond to it
SACRED COWS MAKE THE BEST BURGERS
- How to Round up Sacred Cows; outdated policies, practices, systems and strategies that cost money and prevent change and innovation
- How to eliminate thinking that creates sacred cows and enables them to 'graze' on profits and productivity
- Rules for a Sacred Cow hunt
- How to put sacred cows on a diet
- The ripple effect
- How to Streamline processes and operations
- How to control email epidemics, paper piles and meeting mania
- Cutting out vs. cutting down outdated policies and practices
DON’T SATISFY THE CUSTOMER, SURPRISE THEM
- Why the old conventional rules for selling don’t work in these faster, more competitive, rapid changing times
- How to keep out of ‘commodity hell’
- Do the impossible for the customer
- How to win by out-thinking not outworking the competition
- How to keep yourself ‘up’ all day
- How to get yourself in the ‘peak zone’
- How to prepare for a major presentation
- How to achieve goals by ‘trying easier’
- How to motivate your customer
USING SUCCESS AS A SPRING BOARD TO GREATER HEIGHTS
- How winners stay on top; The two main characteristics of perennial winners
- Why some people keep winning and others don’t
- The most overlooked strategy for keeping on top
- How to conquer the sabotage thinking that traps winners
- Why you should always mess with success
INNOVATE OR ELSE!
RE-THINKING THE RULES, REINVENTING YOUR GAME
- Winners don’t respond quickly to change and new opportunities, they create them
- If you use yesterday’s thinking in today’s game, you’re going to be in trouble tomorrow
- How to create the future rather than “wait and watch” it happen (for someone else)
- 5 strategies for developing innovative new ideas and opportunities
- The 4 most common obstacles to innovation and how to overcome them
- Don’t compete, change the game
- Playing to win vs. playing not to lose
- How to turn innovation into action
President U.S. Synthetic
“Our team had great appreciation for the effort Bob made to understand the needs of our organization and tailor his comments to our business. He was extremely engaging, high energy, and demonstrating a teaching style that makes salient points stick. Bob’s thoughts on Innovation and Playing to Win enabled us to open our eyes and have some great conversations on how we could better our organization. ”
Integrated Sensor Systems Sector at L-3 Communications
Thank you for speaking at our recent Leadership Forum. The subject matter, “finding and eliminating Sacred Cows,” was at once classic and timely. Your engaging style captured the attention of a broad spectrum of leaders. Several activities at each of the Divisions and at Sector have resulted.
Thank you for your presentation at our Global Leadership Team meeting, which I know will have continued benefits in the months to come.
You helped us better understand how we as individuals and teams can create a "change-ready" culture. We are already putting into practice your insights on tackling sacred cows and playing to win, rather than playing not to lose. By balancing theory and action plans, you set exactly the right tone with our leadership team, and your energetic style inspired a sense of urgency that will help us move forward faster.
You challenge us to get outside our culture and win!
You made a difference at CA Technologies, Bob, and I am grateful for your work.
Your motivational session was right on target and the feedback from our staff and our clients gave the clear message that you " hit it out of the park!. Thank you for your professionalism, the prep work that you did to make sure the content was relevant to a broad group of attendees, and for working so well with our entire event team. The session was both engaging and inspiring, and was a highlight of our conference.
JR Simplot Company
Dr. Bob Kriegel nailed it! Bob’s mesmerizing ninety minutes of stories, examples and lessons were the highlight of our meeting. He was able to sew and weave the challenges of our industry, the anxiety of our people and the challenge of a new culture into a history lesson of companies who have succeeded in the face of change versus those who have failed. Bob exceeded all our expectations and I would recommend highly him.”
Taking Timeouts to Decrease Stress and Increase Creativity
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The world today is moving faster than ever. Technology has changed the way we communicate and get information and entertainment, and also the way we read, learn and how, when, where and from whom we buy products. And these changes will keep coming faster and more dramatically, causing most of us to be rushing and racing just to keep up.
Read More »