Motivational Speaker Kevin Kelly From the Closing Address to the MDRT Korea 2010
From receiving a death threat to sitting face-to-face with a terrorist, Kevin Kelly, motivational speaker knows how to face and work through your fears. And his inspirational delivery will help audience members overcome theirs.
Now a best-selling author and highly successful sales and marketing professional, he has built a world brand on a shoe-string and succeeded when conventional wisdom believed he was doomed to fail.
Honouring his Irish roots, Kevin is a master storyteller who has worked around the world with Fortune 500 companies and slum children in Africa. His interactive cocktail of the most up to date research, stories and unique exercises guarantees maximum audience engagement.
Kevin has written five books and recorded three CD's. His critically acclaimed new book "DO! the pursuit of xceptional execution" draws upon his extensive research to highlight what makes xceptional businesses and their leaders [the "Xceptionalists"] succeed beyond all odds. His interviewees are CEO's of the most compelling brands drawn from every corner of the globe and every industry with revenues ranging from US $100K to $130M.
Tom Peters said: "Now I can retire in peace. Kevin Kelly has written the book I always wanted to write. And he's done to the point of perfection--call it xceptional execution. Even the all-time best title: Do! Ah, Kevin, what a gift!"
The synchronicities of Kevin Kelly's extraordinary life have moulded him into one of the world's experts on Leadership, motivation, sales and the entrepreneurial mind.
Is it your time to DO!
To book motivational business speaker Kevin Kelly call Executive Speakers Bureau at 800-754-9404.
How an ordinary idea is the new WOW … if you execute
Aspiring entrepreneurs face many challenges before taking that vital first step, not least the intimidating myths that they must be a stand-out visionary, have a unique idea and work to a detailed, all-worked-out-in-advance business plan. Another factor, according to the Global Entrepreneurial Monitor, is that everyone deep inside has a fear of failure, cited as the number one reason why people fail to act upon their entrepreneurial dreams and ideas. In this keynote using his methodology of Xceptional Execution, Kevin Kelly highlights what makes startups and their leaders -which he dubs the “Xceptionalists” - succeed beyond all odds. Kevin uses cutting edge business cases such as Dwolla, Globant, Outfit 7 and Balsamiq to show that success doesn’t depend on the normal factors, moreover, it depends on your ability to execute with Xception.
- How the Xceptionalists faced and moved with their fears to create compelling businesses and brands.
- Why self-development is the key to attracting the right team.
- Why knowledge can sometimes stand in the way of progress.
- The customer is no longer – focus on building friendships, not customer relationships.
- How to craft and deliver a winning pitch.
Lead like you live it
In the leadership vacuum that exists around the world, it’s a challenge to find an Xceptional role model. In this keynote Kevin Kelly challenges future leaders to be the message, not just to communicate one. Using his methodology of Xceptional Execution, Kevin highlights how to mirror the mindset, attitudes and success strategies of the outstanding Xceptionalists he interviewed for his book “Do: the pursuit of Xceptional Execution.” From these exclusive interviews and over two decades working with companies, Kevin distils the attributes of the modern leader and shows how to create leaders at all levels.
- How the creation of an empowering culture starts with yourself? And how it is the key to developing, attracting and retaining top talent
- How to get your message across in an attention deficit society?
- How the power of friendships can help build your business?
- ROI – Return on Intuition – why you shouldn’t dismiss the entrepreneur’s language?
- Why you should see value in values and show patience in vision?
The Innovation Fairy Tale ...
When people use the word innovation in corporate circles too often it conjures up the image of a Yogi levitating or a giant apple falling on someone’s head. This myth has helped to put innovation and creativity into the margins of business – as “their job!” The reality is that innovation/creativity comes through Xceptional Execution of an ordinary idea - no AHA moment, no levitating, oftentimes no WOW. Drawing on Kevin’s research with some of the most compelling new brands on the planet, participants will see that the new innovation is no more than incremental improvement of an existing idea; and in all modern organizations, everybody can contribute.
- What is Xceptional Execution?
- What made the difference in the Xceptionalist’s businesses?
- How creativity and innovation is everybody’s business?
- How culture is key to unleashing the creative juices of your organization?
- The power of communication in the creativity process.
Have no fear ... the future is no different than the past
The future tends to be positioned as a mini Armageddon - the general wisdom is that things will be different ... dramatically different. Well actually NO! The facts are two key variables critical to the success of your business remain the same. The challenges continue to be around people, how to leverage their potential, and the ever decreasing window to engage them. And secondly, the need for change to be part of the corporate culture, interwoven into the fabric of the organization.
- No need to predict the future, it is now!
- The challenges and opportunities of an attention deficit society.
- DNA – the building block of customer and employee engagement.
- Lead like you live it and create an Xceptional culture.
- How to address the fear factor in the long term?
- Seeing beyond the chaos - the need for vision.
The paranoid’s guide to Xceptional Customer Service
Customer retention is the challenge for most businesses. A more informed and distracted customer requires a new approach to service if you want to build a more sustainable business. In this keynote Kevin highlights the elements behind a successful and Xceptional customer service culture.
- 10bn brain cells yet people are predictable - how to connect.
- The importance of building friendships, not customer relationships.
- Become a paranoid – every moment counts.
- Think consultant, not customer service rep.
- Why you should get them complaining or watch them leave!
- If you are good, guarantee it!
Leadership Institute Planner, Project Management Institute USA
"Thank you so much, the workshop exceeded my expectations! You really know how to motivate and engage an audience with your energy and enthusiasm. The session provided them with practical take-aways that they can put into action immediately."
L and D, Lane Crawford
"Kevin joined the Lane Crawford team for an informal breakfast session to share his thoughts on how to Xceptionalize Service. The feedback from the audience was overwhelmingly positive. He was engaging, entertaining and importantly gave some real takeaways that could be used immediately. Understanding customer’s DNA and accepting that “everyone can be your teacher” resonated particularly well with the teams. The queue for signed books at the end was testament to their desire to get more of Kevin Xceptional thinking!"
Senior Leadership Development and Learning Channel Manager Hang Seng Bank Limited
"Kevin's keynote was very motivational and inspirational. I like the idea of pursuing your dream without over-analyzing the pros and cons."
Head of HR, Corporate & Commercial Banking Hang Seng Bank Limited
"It was great to go through the review process driven by you in the talk. We oftentimes forget what we should be doing due to being immersed in our daily routine. I am very much inspired by your high energy, people sensitivity and drive to be Xceptionalized!"
No News Found For this Speaker!