Dr. John Townsend is a business consultant, leadership coach and psychologist. He has written or co-written 25 books, selling 5 million copies – including the 2 million best-seller Boundaries, Leadership Beyond Reason, Handling Difficult People, and his newest book Beyond Boundaries. For more than twenty years Dr. Townsend has engaged with leaders, organizations and individuals around the globe, offering them life-changing solutions to their problems. He is co-host of the nationally-syndicated talk show “New Life Live” which is heard in 180 markets with 3 million listeners. He has been interviewed on Fox News television, and has been published in Personal Excellence and Leadership Journal magazines.
Dr. Townsend works with leaders and organizations by providing team and executive coaching and corporate consulting, and by giving conference presentations. He conducts his own Leadership Coaching Program for executives, managers and small business owners with settings in Newport Beach, CA, Dallas, TX, and Indianapolis, IN. John co-founded and directed a healthcare company for ten years, with operations in 35 cities in the western U.S. It was here that he learned the strategies for change and success that he now employs in his coaching and consulting.
As cofounder of Cloud-Townsend Resources, John Townsend works with the organization in providing content for growth in many areas of life. He also codirects the Ultimate Leadership Workshop, the One Week Intensive for counselors, and the Life Coaching Experience.
John is on the Board of Advisors of the New Canaan Society. He is also Clinical Director of the American Association of Christian Counselors, and is a visiting professor at Dallas Seminary. He is active on the board of Mustard Seed Ranch, a residential program for abused children. A resident of Newport Beach, California, Dr. Townsend and his wife Barbi have two sons. One of John’s passions is playing in a band that performs at southern California lounges and venues!
To book life coach and leadership speaker John Townsend, call Executive Speakers Bureau at 800-754-9404.
SUCCESS IS AN OVEN NOT A MICROWAVE: WHY THE HARD WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY
We live in a culture of entitlement where short cuts and blame are the norm. For organizations to take challenges and maximize opportunities their leaders must help others succeed. During this keynote Dr. Townsend will provide concrete strategies that show the hard way is really the easy way and will help your leaders encourage their employees to:
- Do what is best instead of doing what is comfortable
- Formulate plans and execute well
- Make promises and keep them
- Eliminate using excuses and blame when responding to constructive feedback
LEADERSHIP BEYOND REASON: HARNESS THE POWER OF YOUR VALUES, FEELINGS & INTUITION
Don't lead your team with half a brain! Most leaders are trained on the left side of their brain, which is logic, judgment and reason. Research confirms that you need the right side of your brain just as much which involves creativity, intuition and emotion. High performing leaders need to operate with their entire brain. Based on his book, Leadership Beyond Reason, Dr. Townsend will show you how to:
- Access and develop your natural innovation and intuitive powers
- Craft more influential and positive relationships with your clients and direct reports
- Use your "gut" instincts to confirm key executive decisions
- Develop the skill to use your own creativity, passion and intuition to solve problems
BOUNDARIES AND LEADERSHIP: WHEN TO SAY YES & HOW TO SAY NO AS A LEADER
Organizations break down when the leader struggles to say no. Lack of boundaries is the source of many management squabbles and the source of people not taking responsibility for their own work. Based on his 2-million copy selling book, Dr. Townsend will show you how to set the right limits for the right kind of relationships and success. This keynote provides strategies for how to:
- Take charge of your time & energy to create great performance for your organization
- Determine when to say yes and how to say no
- Establish accountability when working with difficult employees, misplaced values and long working hours
HOW TO CREATE A HIGH-TOUCH HIGH PERFORMANCE CULTURE
Disconnected work environments lead to disgruntled employees. When powerful connections are made and relationships are encouraged productivity and profitability increases. During this speech Dr. Townsend will show you how to:
- Create a work environment where people work because they want to not because they have to
- Actively listen to what your people are saying between the lines so you can know what drives their performance
- Improve job clarity and standards while forming powerful connections
BUILDING TEAMS THAT PERFORM: HOW TO FIND AND DEVELOP ROCK STAR LEADERS
Research has proven that synergy of a team is infinitely more effective than people working alone. Furthermore, a poor performing team can bring an entire organization down. Dr. Townsend will reveal the 4 C's of Building Teams that provide strategies for your team to:
- Achieve both the personal desire and group cohesion to work together on the toughest of problems
- Become focused on roles that will lead to goal accomplishment
- Confront issues and have difficult conversations that end with solutions
HOW TO HAVE THAT DIFFICULT CONVERSATION: 8 STEPS TO SOLVING PROBLEMS THAT MAINTAINS ALLIANCES
The toughest conversations between leaders and their employees involve discussing performance, attitude and relationships. Without a skilled approach to these conversations organizations cannot achieve their goals. During this content-rich speech Dr. Townsend will give you tools to:
- Establish alliances so people are open to your feedback
- Incorporate specific phrases and words to prepare for the difficult conversation
- Confront others in a productive manner that achieves fast results
- Overcome your fear of how to tell people what you want and deal with counterattack
National Marketing Director Juice Plus
“The content of Dr. Townsend’s talk, and his delivery, contained information and concepts that could be understood and implemented right away to make a difference in our business, as well as our personal lives. Additionally, the action steps Dr. Townsend shared seemed specifically designed and pertained directly to the matters facing us as leaders.”
President, CEO, CCO NPB Financial Group, LLC
“Dr. Townsend gave an informative and positive presentation to our staff and registered representatives, which many found insightful and helpful to their own careers in the financial advice and services business.”
No News Found For this Speaker!