Joel Weldon - A Model Speaker
Joel Weldon's international reputation for his seminars has earned him repeated invitations as well as accolades. For 30 years, he has been sought after as an Idea Consultant and seminar leader by many of the world's leading organizations and businesses.
A former construction worker with no formal education, Joel turned down a full scholarship because he thought he wasn't smart enough to go to college. But a few years later his life completely changed. He discovered amazing talents and abilities he never knew he had, and he became a prime example of the power of one idea to transform your life!
As a charter member of the 4,000-member National Speakers Association, Joel is one of the elite group to have earned the distinguished CPAE Speakers Hall of Fame designation.
He is a recipient of the coveted Communication & Leadership Award, and of The Golden Gavel, the highest honor in the speaking profession, reserved for only the most outstanding communicators.
Joel is also known worldwide for his registered trademark, a heavy 8-ounce can that says: Success Comes in Cans, Not in Cannots.
Long-time residents of Scottsdale, Arizona, Joel and his wife, Judy, have been married over 40 years, are partners in their seminar business, and have raised two daughters. His clients refer to him as America's Most Prepared Speaker, a reputation he lives up to, in program after program, without exception.
It's not what happens to you , it's how you respond! It's all up to you!
Control the controllables!
Forget the excuses, and take ACTION!
- Joel Weldon
To book leadership, sales, and personal growth speaker call Executive Speakers Bureau t 800-754-9404.
LEADERSHIP — Making the Tough Decisions & Setting the Example
- The 7 Principles of Inspirational Leadership . . . Shackleton as your role model
- Building teamwork . . . Gaining commitment, not just compliance.
- Don’t just lead your horses to water . . . feed them salt!
- Making work fun . . . Using humor and celebrations in the workplace.
- Communicating with the other 75% . . . Not everyone is on the same “channel.”
- Conducting more effective meetings . . . Speaking with impact before groups.
- Creating a motivational environment . . . Getting people to want to achieve.
- Delegating and time management . . . Getting more done through others.
SALES — The Science of THRILLING Your Customers
- It’s the relationship . . . People buy from people they like.
- Preparation—preparation—preparation . . . The will to prepare to win.
- Powerful questioning techniques . . . Using qualifying questions.
- Selling value, not price . . . Benefit and solution selling.
- Using showmanship that sells . . . Five-sense selling that impacts.
- Understanding and handling objections . . . Why 51% positive wins.
- Making it easy to say yes . . . Closing without fear, without fumbling, without fail.
- Promise a lot, deliver even more . . . Being extraordinary in your customer’s eyes!
- Creative prospecting . . . Referrals, face-to-face prospecting, and telephone.
- Emulate the top professionals . . . What the great ones do and how they do it.
PERSONAL GROWTH — Forget the Excuses! Take Responsibility!
- Embracing change as a positive . . . How change brings opportunity.
- Improving consistently . . . As good as you are now, you can be even better.
- Accepting absolute responsibility—no excuses . . . If it is to be, it is up to ME!
- Practical creativity . . . Thinking in new dimensions with innovation.
- Defining values and priorities . . . Writing and living by a personal mission statement.
- Reducing tension and stress . . . The power of positive humor, even in the workplace.
- Making a total commitment . . . It will be done — I’ll do it!
- Developing focused thinking . . . Knowing the target, allowing no distractions.
- Achieving realistic goals . . . Setting objectives and measuring results.
- Conditioning for success . . . Developing positive habits, every day, forever!
Vice President, Sales SKIPPERLINER INDUSTRIES
"Thank you for all your support and direction and most of all your THOROUGH / ENTHUSIASTIC approach to our Operator's Meeting and our guests. The positive feedback I received at Sanibel exceeded last year's (if you can believe that!). Joel, I can not express to you how valuable it is to have you as our keynote speaker. Knowing you are going to be there takes a tremendous pressure off our shoulders, as we know your portion of the program will be solid. You offer a great deal to our meetings, Joel, and not simply while you are on stage. Your insight to details of many things behind the scenes really helps us pull things together."
Executive Vice President GAMA (General Agents and Managers Association)
"Joel, your extensive preparation to customize your presentation to the needs of our members was quite refreshing in this era of "canned" speeches. It's great to find a speaker that actually practices what they present: you promise a lot and deliver even more!"
Managing Director Citigroup Asset Management
"Thank you so much for presenting your Willie Factor seminar to our Citigroup Asset Management Top Producers. In a world that has become so technologically oriented, it's refreshing to see a true professional engage and involve the audience with such energetic magnetism. Joel, you are second to none!"
Vice President JOHNSON & JOHNSON CLINICAL DIAGNOSTICS
"What a performance, Joel! Your idea seminar, Coyote Power, at our National Sales Meeting was a real success!! As I told you and Judy, on our evaluations, with a scale of 1-5, you rated a 5.01. That's in a group of over 300 tough sales folks!"
No News Found For this Speaker!