James C. Hunter: The Power of Leadership
James Hunter is the author of two (2) internationally best-selling books - The Servant, subtitled A Simple Story About the True Essence of Leadership and The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle: How to Become a Servant Leader.
Jim's books are the texts used in many MBA and other higher education curriculum around the world, have been translated into 2 dozen languages and have sold over 4.5 million copies worldwide.
Jim speaks on leadership to audiences around the world and assists organizations in building leaders and high-performing teams.
Jim's "Clients" include many of the world’s most admired organizations including 7 Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award winners, American Express, Johnson & Johnson, McDonald's, Nestlé, Procter & Gamble and the United States Army, Navy, Air Force & Marine Corps.
A dynamic and entertaining speaker, Jim has touched literally millions of lives with his ability to emotionally move people. Your audience will appreciate Jim's down-to-earth approach and sense of humor in dealing with the responsibilities, challenges and opportunities of leadership and influencing others for good.
To book James Hunter call Executive Speakers Bureau at 901-754-9404.
Servant Leadership Implementation Process
The Servant Leadership Implementation Process is unique to J.D. Hunter Associates and is being practiced by some of the most successful & admired organizations in America.
The process involves three steps that are implemented over a nine (9) month to one-year period and includes:
- Foundation: Setting the Standard
- Feedback: Identifying the Gaps
- Friction: Eliminating the Gaps & Measuring Results
Included in the implementation process:
- Foundation: Setting the standard by training the team on the specifics of Servant Leadership and the required leadership skills and behaviors. Taught personally by Jim Hunter.
- Feedback: Identification of "gaps" is accomplished utilizing a Leadership Skills Inventory (LSI) tool developed by J.D. Hunter Associates. This unique 360° feedback tool clearly identifies the "gaps" between where the manager needs to be as the leader versus their actual level of performance as the leader.
- Friction: Establishing specific and measurable goals and measuring behavioral changes. A Continuous Improvement Panel (CIP) is created to provide managers with support and provides the appropriate"friction" to ensure individual behavior change until those changes become habit (second nature).
Included in the process is on-going leadership training on topics such as:
- Leadership Skills
- Community (Team) Building
- Active Listening
- Assertiveness Training
- Character Development
- Constructive Discipline
- Performance Planning & Review
"Team/Community Building" is the process of assisting groups in building relationships and trust.
By committing to and following certain principles, the group becomes a remarkably effective decision-making body, cohesively working together toward goals identified as being for the common good.
M. Scott Peck, psychiatrist and best-selling author of the The Road Less Traveled, established The Foundation for Community Encouragement (FCE) in 1984 to promote Community Building principles around the world.
After receiving training with FCE, the specialists at J.D. Hunter Associates have successfully incorporated these "Team/Community Building" principles into healthcare, manufacturing, hospitality, faith-based and other organizations.
No Testimonials Found For this Speaker!
No News Found For this Speaker!