Harry Freedman- Society of Chemical Mfgr's - Corporate Comedy Put On
Perhaps the only individual ever to have been profiled in the business sections of The New York Times, Miami Herald, Newsday, and Int’l Herald Tribune, Harry Freedman will create the perfect fake industry expert for your group, that has everyone fooled until they are roaring with laughter!
With nearly three decades of professional comedy experience, from the clubs of Las Vegas to the corporate boardroom, Harry Freedman is a comic you can trust. As a speaker, he has performed for hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies, and is frequently rated ‘best speaker’ at conferences. As a stand-up comedian, Harry is often opening for Ray Romano; has appeared on “Everybody Loves Raymond;” and was a staff writer for “Caroline’s Comedy Hour.” Harry has also written and directed a short film, “30 Minutes,” which received terrific acclaim at the NY Int’l Independent Film Festival.
In addition, Corporate Audiences enjoy Harry’s video shorts, where he interviews selected attendees (in character), to create a hilarious 8-10 minute piece played following his speech, as well as his humorous videographies of whole conferences. So when you think of finding the right performer to give your people a laugh-fest they will love and thank you for, two key words make all the difference: Harry Freedman!
To book Harry Freedman call Executive Speakers Bureau at 901-754-9404.
Customized Corporate Put-Ons
WHAT IS A PUT-ON?
Bringing in Harry to play the part of an industry expert or newly hired executive. He starts off for real, but after a few minutes of his outrageous quips, everyone realizes they’ve been had - and they love it!
CAN IT WORK FOR ANY GROUP OR ORGANIZATION?
ABSOLUTELY! Each of Harry’s put-ons is completely customized to the client’s need and situation. Sometimes the “spoof” takes the form of poking fun at a general topic you agree on with Harry; sometimes it’s poking fun at specific people that you and Harry select. In either case, you can rest assured it will be a hit with your group.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
REVITALIZATION: Nothing refreshes a group better then laughter - as everyone emerges re-energized, ready to tackle new challenges. FACILITATING TRANSITION: From planning to implementation, from completion to beginning, or from work to relaxation, it’s the perfect way to refocus a group on new goals or activities.
FRIENDSHIP & TEAMWORK: Strangers instantly connect, co-workers come closer, and barriers of rank take a break. There’s a glow that remains and fosters better communication and cooperation.
New Character: The Frugal Economist
In times of economic uncertainty like now, sure fire ways to keep your budget in check.Paying your taxes is for suckers.Do your kids really need an allowance?The wealthy are suffering too. I cut the heat in my mansion from 85 to 82.
New Character: Expert on India and China
The incredible growth of both countries and their effects on the US economy, has made this a very hot topic. I recently portrayed a White House envoy to India and China in NY for 500 alumni of India’s prestigious Institute of Technology.
New Character: Political Spin Doctor
As a former campaign advisor, I reveal the inside secrets behind candidates decisions. (If only Rudy Guliani had listened to my advice, that the early states actually matter)
…Posing as a Business Expert
- “I think I’ve been asked to speak today in order to help clear up these kinds of issues. After all, I think we’ve all heard the expression: Those that can do - do. Those that can’t do - teach. And those that can’t teach - consult. And those that can’t consult, recruit those that can do, which I think pretty much should explain the whole thing.”• “Hopefully by now you figured out that I’m not actually a consultant to your company, and if you haven’t …you’re fired. I’m actually a Stand up comedian from New York and my name is Harry Dilbert Freedman, well, that’s my stage name, my real name is Biff Wilson and the reason I’m really here today is to talk to you about Amway products.”
… Posing as a Transportation Expert
- ” Some of the airlines may be cutting too many corners. I was on TWA from Florida recently… we flew real low to the ground so we could drop quarters in the tollbooths. We went over a beach, 15 old guys with metal detectors got stuck to the bottom of the plane.”
…Posing as a Real Estate Expert
- “You can get publicity in the building industry by avoiding glitzy fads and going back to traditional building materials that have proven themselves over the years… like asbestos for example. I say if asbestos was good enough for us when we were kids, it should be good enough for our kids today.”
…Posing as a job Placement Expert
- ” Above all, remember 1/3 of all applicants lie about their backgrounds, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s good, because that means it’s also okay if you lie about the job. Since they think the company believes their resume, it’s okay for you to let them believe it’s also a good job.”
…Posing as a Technology Expert/Futurist
- ” Strategic planning also means naming your electronic products carefully. Look what happened to Wang for example. Here’s a company that would still be thriving if their salesmen didn’t have to keep going up to strangers and asking, “Wanna buy a Wang?”• ” I can’t believe they cloned the monkees. They should’ve cloned the Beatles instead - they were a lot better group.”
…Posing as a Health Care Expert
- “Sometimes as a physician I’ll be in the middle of an operation and realize, “I don’t know what the heck I’m doing.” I like to call that ‘Exploratory Surgery.’”• “They’re inventing crazy stuff for medicine. Somebody recently invented a solar powered pacemaker. So now, when the sun goes down, so do you.”
…Posing as a Banking/Financial Expert
- “I did some work for Citibank… and improved their service, by helping them get rid of their outdoor ATM cash machines and putting them inside; or in other words, we finally brought crime off the streets and into their bank lobbies where it really belongs.”
…Posing as a Legal Expert
- “I’ve had some legal successes I’d like to share. For example, I helped hand-pick the jury that gave 2.9 million to the woman singed by a cup of Mcdonalds coffee, and I am currently suing for 9 million in a similar case involving Chamomile Herbal Tea.”
…Posing as a Food Industry Expert
- “Certain foods that are supposedly good for you really aren’t - like hot cereal. Ever walk away from a bowl of hot cereal? You come back 20 seconds later - it’s like a block of cement. I spackled my house with grits. I think the Mafia throws people in the river with Farina Overcoats.”
…Posing as an Environmental Expert
- “If the spotted owl is so rare, how is it that they keep getting spotted? Obviously, the fact we know they even exist means there’s more then enough of them to go around.”
…Posing as a Credit Card Expert
- “When I first got a call saying I was wanted by American Express, the first thought I had, was, ‘oh my goodness’ they’re finally coming after me…until I checked my records and realized no, that would actually be Visa; so the good news is that I’m going to use the payment for my speech tonight to finally wipe out my debts with Visa, and begin running one up now on American Express.“I want to add that if for any reason I’m not paid within 30 days for my services tonight, I’ll be adding an extra 18% interest charge for every month they’re late.”
BMGI – Customized Corporate Comedy Put-0n.
"Harry Freedman was a fantastic addition and to our annual client meeting. Our guests were amazed by his ability to incorporate many intricate details about our industry and our company into his comedy routine. His "put-on" format was the perfect way to add some spice and a bit of levity to our program. His performance kept everyone who attended on their toes and engaged for the rest of the day."
IIT Alumni/President of Technograph
Great job! You had everyone believing you were a real envoy of the President to India and China, even as you got belly laughs at 9:00 in the morning. You had our alumni group rolling and you did it with clean, classy, and extremely clever material.
It was particularly enjoyable to hear your hilarious answers in the fireside chat with our real Indo-China expert, the award-winning author, Robyn Meredith.
I know this is one speech that our fellow alumni will remember for a long time.
President & CEO, FRPO
Thank you for the wonderful job you did at our annual awards dinner this year. I received terrific feedback as people came up to me and said how much they enjoyed your “speech”. And the crowd was obviously enjoying themselves at the event – you had them laughing for over half an hour. Some of the audience were still waiting for you to get to the serious expert material even near the end of your speech, which just made the whole thing funnier, and a continued conversation topic.
Since the event, the positive feedback has continued to flow from the members, both informally, and through our post event satisfaction surveys. I also want to thank you for the obvious effort and time you put in to preparing for the event. It was clear that you had put in many hours of work tailoring a keynote that would resonate with our audience. And it did.
I also was very appreciative of the professional manner in which you conducted yourself getting ready for the event. You were always very courteous, prompt with responses, and helpful and accommodating with respect to logistics. It was a pleasure working with an experienced speaker who takes the time to develop a targeted presentation, and who knows how to fit in to different types of events. Again thanks for making our annual awards a success.
VP Finance, Community Hospital, McCook, Nebraska
This year’s Holiday party was outstanding. You came to our small town of McCook, Nebraska, and made a statement with your performance. Your wrapped our industry’s issues and the personal characteristics of our business and our staff into your routine perfectly. This was a refreshing act to witness.
It was hilarious, professional, and clean. I have heard nothing but praise for our choice in entertainment this year. It is clear that you do your research and must put a lot of effort into preparing for your events.
CSEPNJ-MPI Education Committee
“Having you as the closing act for New Jersey’s MPI’s April meeting on event production was just what the doctor ordered. Not too many people could get a laugh out of a group that had spent an entire day working and the entire evening networking and sitting still. But you came through with plenty of laughs for all. It was perfect.”
No News Found For this Speaker!