Professional Negotiation Strategies - Dr. George Lucas - Strategies, Leadership & Business
For over 25 years George Lucas has been a resource to organizations as a speaker, trainer, consultant, and field coach. His primary areas of expertise include business-to-business negotiation skills, sales, business development, marketing strategy, and leadership skills. Lucas has conducted these initiatives across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Africa.
A partial client list covers a wide range of industries, and includes: AON, Sonoco Paper, Terminix, Rust-Oleum, Sedgwick CMS, The Frank Crystal Company and Orgill Hardware.
Lucas received his Bachelors degree, MBA and Ph.D. from the University of Missouri, and subsequently served in field sales positions with American Hospital Supply Corporation and Pitney Bowes. George has held faculty positions at both Texas A&M and The University of Memphis. He was recognized as one of the top professors in the Executive and International MBA programs.
George is author and co-author of several successful books including The One Minute Negotiator with Don Hutson, now a National Best Seller in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and USA Today.
To book George Lucas call Executive Speakers Bureau at 901-754-9404.
The One Minute Negotiator (The Co-Author of the WSJ and NYT Best Seller)
- Recognizing opportunities in a life Filled with Negotiations
- The rampant disease of “Negotiaphobia,” and the Dr.’s E-A-S-Y Process to Treat it
- The flawed tactic of compromise and why it often fails
- The four viable negotiation strategies, your tendencies, and when to use each one
- Pearls of wisdom for experiencing more success with less stress in your negotiations
Succeeding on the Battle Field of Competitive Negotiations
- Why bullies Ultimately lose, while gladiators thrive, and how they differ
- Uncovering red Chips, blue Chips and green chips on both sides, and how to use them in concession making
- Fortification tactics to take and defend the “high ground” in win-lose negotiations
- Countering tactics to ward off attacks from the other side, and protect your margins
- Offensive moves to get what you want, and help you keep it
The Contented Achiever (How to Get What You Want and Love What You Get Co-Author)
- Understanding the “Success Model: Fulfillment vs. Frustration & Success vs. Failure”
- Uncovering your success vision and using it as your life compass
- Conducting your current assessment to uncover strengths and weaknesses
- Identifying the outcome drivers that determine your success or failure
- Developing an action plan, including the setting goals & objectives
Building Collaborative Trading Partnerships for Winning Supply Chains
- Factors making collaborative partnerships highly profitable
- Why trading partnerships fail, and what you can do to make them work
- The five components of any alliance or partnership
- Crafting an alliance action plan, and moving to implementation
- Keeping the relationship on the up swing
Leadership Makes the Difference!
- Why managers are a dime a dozen, while leaders are very rare
- Leading different people differently
- Use your Brain, but it’s OK to show you have a Heart
- In today’s economy there is no substitute for courage
- The future is dim without the light of a learning culture – lead it!
Positioning Your Organization for Success in the New Economy
- Reasons strategic positioning is more important in the new economy than ever before
- The major failure factors for organizations
- Your positioning triangle must separate your organization in the minds of customers
- Building relationships by exchanging knowledge with customers and prospects
- Advanced discovery skills as the foundation for lasting success
High-Impact Coaching – The Missing Link for Effective Leadership
- What is coaching, why is it so critical, and how good are most managers at doing it?
- Key differences between managers and high-impact coaching leaders
- The eight-step coaching process
- Building a team of “Contented Achievers” through effective coaching
- Creating action plans that make good performers better, and bridge performance gaps
- The commitment cycle – secrets for creating an upward spiral
Senior Executive of Orgill Hardware
“George Lucas has been a resource to Orgill Hardware for the past decade. His knowledge and experience have advanced the negotiation skills of our teams on both the merchandising and sales sides of our business. We have also used Dr. Lucas with great results with our vendors and our customers at our dealers markets. George receives high marks not only for his presentations, but for his due diligence of our company and our specific skill-development needs”
Tom Bowler, Director of Sales Training of Rust-Oleum
“I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation last week in Dallas. Your energy and enthusiasm is second to none. Your presentation was motivating as well as educational. I loved the way you were able to tie in the real life ‘Rust-Oleum’ experiences into your presentation. Thank you for a memorable presentation!”
Bruce Scholnick, President and CEO of the National Wooden Pallet & Container Association
“Lucas is one of the few speakers NWPCA has invited back repeatedly. Our industry is one with narrow margins and our members are scornful of motivational speakers who merely entertain the crowd. They demand information that is practical and applicable in ways that will help them save money and/or make money. George Lucas fits that bill.”
No News Found For this Speaker!