Don Brown - Leadership and Sales Expert ShareEmbedEmail
Don Brown has dedicated his career to sales, service and leadership effectiveness. Bilingual and experienced at the executive and line-level alike, the results of his work are evident across dozens of industries. Don has spent 30 years “helping people with people” for the likes of Fifth Third Bank, Anheuser-Busch, Ford Motor Company, Sykes Enterprises, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Jaguar Cars and Hilton Hotels.
Donald Brown’s work and mentorship under Paul Hersey and Marshall Goldsmith comprise the solid foundation of his success. Affiliated with Dr. Hersey for over 25 years, Don co-authored Situational Service- Customer Care of the Practitioner with Paul, and has worked hand in hand with him to create several highly successful training programs, including; Situational Service- Beyond Basic Training, From Vision to Results, Situational Leadership in a Team Environment, Situational Selling- Creating Readiness to Buy, and Performance Readiness.
In addition, Don Brown co-authored What Got You Here Won’t Get You There – In Sales! With Marshall Goldsmith as well as Return on Leadership - Get The Most From Your Untapped Talent, and Bring Out the Best in Every Employee – How to Engage Your Whole Team by Making Every Leadership Moment Count. Don Brown is also the developer of The Leader’s Daily.
His powerful new book Bring Out The Best shows exactly how to leverage the untapped asset that’s already on your payroll. Most managers devote so much time to either high-potential or high-problem employees that they neglect the critical mass at the top of the bell curve. And that group can mean the difference between simply surviving… and thriving.
Don gives an essential roadmap for any leader who wants to identify and target the “core” of their team, discover what the “silent majority” of the workforce actually wants, create a personal, actionable engagement plan for every employee, and master a powerful leader’s protocol to develop the capacity of their team. By surveying more than 6,000 workers around the world, Don identified what to stop/start and continue doing to increase return-on-leadership. Get ready for honest – and sometimes shocking – feedback.
Whether you need a 60-minute keynote, or a five-day training for trainers, Don Brown’s expertise lies in interpersonal effectiveness in leadership, sales and service. At both strategic and tactical levels, Don Brown’s track record of success runs the gamut from facilitating a senior executive group through a vision-to-results session, all the way to wowing a room full of 2,000 association members.
Marshall Goldsmith's What Got You Here Won't Get You There
No doubt you've read the New York Times bestseller, Wall Street Journal #1 business book, now come and experience it – with Don Brown, his co-authoron What Got You Here Won’t Get You There – In Sales! and hiscollaborator in Marshall Goldsmith Licensing:
- Understand the powerful (and sometimes peculiar) interpersonal dynamics of successful people.
- Discover the ‘no normal' work rules generated by today's organizational environment and economic realities.
- Accept the importance of empathy as the organic connection between us all.
- Consider a new paradigm of personal change – “stopping” ineffective habits and the damage they inflict.
- Learn the ineffective interpersonal habits that can chill your leadership career.
- Master the art and practice of recruiting stakeholders, FeedForward and Peer-Coaching as the follow up that that helps you get better.
Return on Leadership: Get The Most From Your Untapped Talent, by Making Every Leadership Moment Count
Targeted at engaging the heart of your team; Your critical mass lies in the middle! The focus always seems to stay at the ends of the distribution curve. This presentation equips leaders in every setting to create valuable capacity in tough times. By far, the critical mass of organizational America lies in-between; ready, committed and waiting. Based on today's global research – with over 6,000 responses from around the world – this program is designed to prepare leaders to:
- Identify the top of their curve (who makes up the heart of their team?)
- Understand what their "silent majority" wants – real time!
- Master the techniques to develop the capacity of their solid citizens.
- Lead Time: Translating Vision Into Results!
'Lead Time' can be defined as "the lag between initiation and execution". What are you doing with your organization's lead-time…with the lag between vision and results where you lead?
Let the 'Vision to Results' model provide you with a unique and unified understanding of the anatomy of an organization – and your role in the process of change:
- Understanding what needs to be done and how to make it happen from a well aligned strategic plan
- Understanding what needs to be done – and why – from the tactical view of the practitioner-manager
- Connecting strategic and tactical – and the ‘simultaneous translation’ that needs to happen, from the top-down and bottom-up.
For those that need to take responsibility for the implementation of strategy, and not just the planning, 'Lead Time' is for you. Learn how to classify your organization’s strategic imperatives, understand your unique culture, and then synchronize strategy and culture, people and task.
What Got You Here Won’t Get You There – in Sales!
- Understand the powerful (and sometimes peculiar) interpersonal dynamics of successful sales people.
- Discover the 'no normal' work rules generated by today’s business environment and current economic reality.
- Accept the importance of empathy as the connection between all of us.
- Consider a new paradigm of personal change and growth; stopping ineffective habits and the damage they inflict.
The 16 Habits Your Customers Want You to Give Up!
Review the ineffective habits that can chill or kill your sales career
Understand the impact of information and emotion on your bad habits
Gather data about yourself in preparing to select which bad habit to give up for your customers
Choose what to stop doing when interacting with customers.
How to Get From Here… to There.
- Dig more deeply into the “success delusion”…to understand why change is different for successful people
- Learn and internalize the concept of self-selection and the enablers to change for successful people
- Undertake the development of a team of helpers in the process of interpersonal change…to rate, to suggest, to participate
- Master the art and practice of FeedForward as a tool for generating ideas for change.
Situational Service: Customer Care for the Practitioner
Building upon the world's most powerful influence model, Situational Service is designed to provide your customer contact personnel with a practical way to create satisfaction and build the rapport necessary for strong and enduring customer relationships. The Situational Service model is both tactical and strategic, and will:
- Increase your understanding of the customer/company interface – so that you can increase the satisfaction and commitment of your customers.
- Develop your ability to assess a customer’s readiness and select the service style that best matches the situation.
- Help you manage your satisfaction indices with a real-time, short hand language with which to understand and predict service interactions.
- Guide your continued development – personal and professional – giving you success in the short-term (satisfaction) and the long-term
- Bump your service metrics by five percent – that is the goal of every Situational Service program delivered.
No Testimonials Found For this Speaker!
No News Found For this Speaker!