Dan Thurmon is the author of two books, a renowned speaker, and a recognized expert in delivering peak performances – on stage and in the workplace. As president of Motivation Works, Inc., he has worked with hundreds of clients and delivered thousands of presentations worldwide. Dan helps organizations and individuals implement actions plans and move confidently through transitions.
He began his performance career at eleven years old, crafting a one-man-show incorporating comedy, juggling and acrobatics. This enabled him to, at a very early age, develop a strong work ethic and learn fundamental lessons about performance excellence. Dan graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Marketing and Management. He has also extensively studied Personal Development and developed a unique methodology he teaches to audiences and clients.
A recent inductee to the prestigious “Speakers Hall of Fame,” Dan Thurmon delivers experiences that go beyond motivation, teaching concepts and skills in a highly engaging and entertaining manner. He incorporates his lifelong performance skills to create high impact events. His programs have educated and uplifted Fortune 500 companies, young audiences, and even the troops on the front lines of Afghanistan and Iraq.
Motivational Speaker Dan Thurmon’s philosophy can be summarized by the title of his book, "Off Balance On Purpose". He believes that we will never achieve “perfect balance” and should, instead, learn to embrace uncertainty and initiate positive changes that lead to growth. Also, we should go beyond the pursuit of “success” and enhance our life experiences and professional endeavors with purposeful, positive contributions.
To book peak performance and change speaker Dan Thurmon call Executive Speakers Bureau at 800-754-9404.
Success in Action
Dan’s flagship keynote program, Success in Action, has inspired and propelled many thousands of individuals to achieve greater results in the midst of change. Are demands for your time and performance making it difficult to focus on what you are trying to achieve? Dan will help you regain control of your accelerated life. Success in Action is an inspirational program that teaches and illustrates how to effectively manage multiple responsibilities. You can do more than you think you can, and during this presentation you will learn how to accomplish more of your important tasks in less time with precision, confidence and satisfaction!
* Increased commitment from team members
* Sensational energy boost for the meeting
* A powerful call to action
* Long term retention of key concepts
* Increased capacity and improved attitudes
Off Balance On Purpose
Maintaining your balance in today’s off-balance world is never ending challenge. That’s why Dan tells you to give up trying to live your life “on balance,” and start living Off Balance On Purpose. This is the only way you will experience true happiness, accomplish meaningful goals, and lead a life which has lasting significance. The O.B.O.P. philosophy is based on three powerful principles: Audience members apply lessons about balance to address the challenging changes in business and life.
1. You will never achieve perfect balance. You are in a constant state of being off balance, making adjustments in one area of life that affect other areas of your life.
2. Being “Off Balance” is the desired method of operation. Off balance is how you accomplish goals, grow, and make a meaningful difference to others.
3. “On Purpose” has two very important meanings: First, your actions must be intentional and deliberate. This means taking responsibility for what you do and making conscious choices about how you will invest your precious resources of time, energy and money. Secondly “On Purpose” means that your decisions and actions are directly linked to your values, beliefs, mission, and goals. Instead of living a life of activity, you need to start building a “pattern of action” that comes from the very core of who you are.
* Audiences embrace a realistic, empowering approach to work/life balance.
* Enhanced understanding of the “lifelines,” connecting work to other areas of life.
* People are uplifted by a thrilling, interactive experience.
Shaw Flooring Alliance
"Your presentations delivered an important and inspiring message."
The Hanover Company
“I’ve received great ideas from speakers before- usually a new way to prioritize my day timer or deal with difficult co-workers. Dan inspired me to think beyond that- to think about balancing my life as a whole. Whether or not we choose to admit it our whole life affects our job. I am an employee, mom, student, wife and individual. In the past, speakers have inspired me for a few days and then the enthusiasm fades. After a week I don’t even remember their names. It’s been two weeks since Dan’s presentation and now I think of my multiple tasks as one “different” task, which has helped me tremendously.”
No News Found For this Speaker!