Anthony Melchiorri on CBS This Morning
ANTHONY MELCHIORRI was born and raised in Brooklyn. After serving in the US Air Force, Anthony spent 25 years in the hotel business, developing his unique management style. He helped to turn around New York’s iconic Plaza Hotel, put the Lucerne on the New York Times list as one of the very best run hotels in the city, and recreated the magic of The Algonquin, the literary haunt of the famous “Round Table.” From there he went on to develop the Nickelodeon Hotel and Resort in Florida, became first vice president of Tishman Hotels and served as senior vice president of New York Hotel Management Company.
After 25 years in the hotel business, he took his no-nonsense approach to television. He is the creator and star of the wildly popular cable TV series, Hotel Impossible. Now in its fifth season, he works his magic each week to keep failing hotels with near-fatal problems, and especially the families who own these businesses, from going broke.
Now, on stage and in front of executives from all categories of businesses – not just the hotel and hospitality industries - nothing changes. With charm and humor, he explains his no nonsense approach to this theme: Every business needs to run like a first class hotel.
Among his many notable, highly motivational “take-aways” are:
- All businesses are built on systems. In hotels, it’s maintenance, housekeeping and service. In every other business, it’s still maintenance, housekeeping and service.
- No one goes out of business because of their employees. They go out of business because employees do not have the tools to do their job.
- If you’re the leader, the first thing you must do in the morning is to define reality. The last thing you must do in the evening is to say thank you, and kiss everybody goodnight. The rest of the time, you’re just one of the employees.
- For me, business is all about five things: Money (that’s why you’re in business); Fun (that’s why you stay in business); Growth (that’s why you put in 14 hour days); Passion (that’s what drives you to get up in the morning); and More money (which is the result of passion creating growth so that you have more money to pay for more fun.)
To win at business, your number one job is to suck less today than you did yesterday.
Anthony Melchiorri appears along with a moderator – international best-selling author Jeffrey Robinson who is, himself, a veteran of more than 40 years on the corporate speaking circuit.
To book Anthony Melchiorri call Executive Speakers Bureau at 901-754-9404.
Your brand is your calling card & the reason your customers choose you!
Anthony focuses on the following key issues to ensure that they all blend into your mission statement and the vision you have for your company.
He will help you answer critical questions about:
- Your Identity: Who are you and why do you exist?
- Collateral: If a customer touches it, they are touching your business.
- Design Management: We create from the inside out and build designs that reflect your business, not a trend or a copy of a competitor.
- Web Sites: They are tools that never tire or sleep and have the potential to expand your brand while you reach and exceed you dreams.
Sales and Marketing
Sales and Marketing are key to keeping your company flexible and moving forward. Develop strategies that will direct a larger market share of your targeted business to you, a critical function of your sales and marketing team. Most companies have reasonably effective sales and marketing departments but few have the creativity to set the standard for how to break down each market segment and work out a strategy to achieve the most desired results.Your audience will learn the following:
- How to assess your team and your plan
- Ensure creation of short term corrective actions while working on long term solutions
- Evaluate other sales offices, including your competition
- Break down market segmentation and enact a plan for each segment
- Review and evaluate your standing within your compset and devise a plan to take full advantage of all your opportunities
Anthony’s years of experience working with clients has enabled him to identify problems common to both fledgling as well as established companies. This has also given him the insight to help solve them – it’s not as easy as you might think! He will teach you how to develop effective company policies, train your staff, and manage your employees. Learning how to recognize sources of trouble before they have a chance to become crippling issues is vital to building a firm foundation for your company so that it can reach its full potential.
Anthony also teaches:
- Develop Strategic Short and Long Term Planning. It may be a cliché, but it’s nevertheless true that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Enhance Your Customer Service and Create Esprit de Corps. He will help you and your staff strive for ever greater customer satisfaction and teach you how to instill professional pride and team spirit in your employees. Anthony strongly believes that a hallmark of the service industry is recognizing the needs and desires of customers and doing your best to exceed their expectations. As the head of any company there is a responsibility to pass that knowledge and understanding along to every member of the staff.
- Keep the Bottom-Line in Mind. He will assist you to develop the skills to create realistic budgets, cash flow analysis, and capital investment plans
- Learn How Best to Deal with Contractors, Vendors and Purchasing Agents. Get your venture off the ground and keep it operating profitably before, during, and after opening
- Improve Your Aesthetic and Design Concepts. Following the cardinal rule that form follows function
- Manage and Instruct. Managing the relationships between the corporate offices and the brands can be difficult and challenging requiring skill and finesse
Public Relations: KEEPING A CLEAR HEAD
Your company’s image is the public face that you present to the world. How you are perceived is far too important to be left to chance. An effective public relations campaign has to be designed to let others know who you are, what you stand for, and how the unique services you provide can benefit them.
Learn how to:
- Develop press kits and releases
- Ensure your PR needs are met
- Provide advice on how best to integrate your business into the social media
- Set up crisis communication procedures
- Train you and your staff about how best to deal with the media
- Help you develop the “Big Idea” that can launch, reinvent or expand your business success
The Public Perception of your Brand is the Single most important Identifier of your Company.
Professional Development Chair, Cornell Hotel Graduate Student Assoc.
“Anthony Melchiorri’s passion for the hotel industry is palpable. He has amassed an incredible collection of stories and lessons through his twenty year journey in the hospitality industry that he masterfully delivers with humor and emotion. Students were riveted by his performance and inspired by his endless energy and love of his trade. Anthony's willingness to share his time and wisdom with future generations of hoteliers is commendable and important.”
No News Found For this Speaker!