Andrew Winston - Green to Gold
Andrew Winston Sustainability
Andrew Winston is a globally recognized expert on how companies can navigate and profit from the world’s biggest environmental and social challenges. He is most recently the author of the book The Big Pivot and the Harvard Business Review Magazine cover story, “Resilience in a Hotter World.” His first book, Green to Gold, was the top-selling green business title of the last decade, selling over 100,000 copies in seven languages. Inc Magazine included Green to Gold on its all-time list of 30 books that every manager should own. Andrew’s new book, The Big Pivot, explores how companies can thrive in a hotter, scarcer, more open world, and it provides a new roadmap, helping executives create a more prosperous business, economy, and world.
As founder of Winston Eco-Strategies, Andrew has advised some of the world’s leading companies, including Bank of America, Bayer, Boeing, Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, and Pepsi. He serves on sustainability advisory boards for the Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Hewlett-Packard (HP), and Unilever, and he acts as a Sustainability Advisor to PwC.
Andrew is also a highly respected and dynamic speaker, reaching audiences of thousands with an entertaining message of practical optimism: the world’s challenges are great, but business has the tools, resources, and creativity to create a sustainable world. He has spoken all over the world – in Europe, Russia, Brazil, the Middle East, and China – bringing his ideas to leadership meetings of the top executives of Fortune 500 companies, large industry conferences, and high-profile business events like the World Innovation Forum.
Andrew has written three business strategy books - Green to Gold, Green Recovery, and now The Big Pivot. He is a regular blogger and contributor to Harvard Business Review online, the Guardian Sustainable Business, the Huffington Post, and his own popular blog at www.andrewwinston.com. Andrew has been quoted or appeared in major media such as The Wall Street Journal, Time, BusinessWeek, New York Times, and CNBC.
Andrew’s work is based on significant business experience and education. His earlier career included advising companies on corporate strategy while at Boston Consulting Group and management positions in strategy and marketing at Time Warner and MTV. He received his BA in Economics from Princeton, an MBA from Columbia, and a Masters of Environmental Management from Yale. He lives in Greenwich, CT with his wife Christine and two sons.
To book Andrew Winston call Executive Speakers Bureau at 800-754-9404.
The Big Pivot
Radically Practical Strategies for a Hotter, Scarcer, More Open WorldBased on his newly released book from Harvard Business Press, Andrew Winston, a globally recognized speaker and green business expert, lays out a new vision for business strategy in an unpredictable world of constant change.
His talk will...
- Explore the three mega-forces coming to bear on companies and society, changing business – and life -- as usual
- Lay out some of the key hurdles to longer-term profitability and value creation…and provide some core solutions to today’s business challenges
- Describe how companies are creating new value through radical efficiency, heretical innovation, and by putting the right value on what’s really important
- Andrew makes the case that the way companies operate today cannot keep up with the rate of change in our physical world. Organizations that make the Big Pivot will find the only practical path forward in a volatile environment. The leaders will build resilient, flexible organizations that profit by creating a healthier, more sustainable, more profitable world.
The Greening Business and Society
This engaging talk by a globally recognized speaker and green business expert will explore the environmental pressures and powerful stakeholders driving companies to go green.
Andrew will describe how the world's best companies use environmental pressures to innovate and profit in a crowded, resource-constrained world. Through fun and fascinating examples from a range of industries, Winston demonstrates how leading companies…
- Get Lean: Amp up energy and resource efficiency to save millions
- Get Smart: Use data about products and supply chains to save money, drive performance, and serve customers better with innovative new offerings
- Get Going: Engage and excite employees to solve the company’s, the customer’s, and the world’s environmental challenges
- Get Creative: Rejuvenate innovation efforts by asking heretical questions that challenge everything from operations to products to business models.
No Testimonials Found For this Speaker!
No News Found For this Speaker!