Alan ONeill Conference Speaker
Alan O'Neill Speaker Profile
Alan O'Neill gained his front line management experience initially in retail (as owner / manager) then as a distributor in Homewares, Hair and Beauty, Coffee etc.After a move in 1991 to the world of Change Management Consulting and a subsequent MBA, Alan recognises the increasing complexity, pace and volume of change challenges facing organisations today.
Since then, he has led large culture change projects in Ireland, UK, Mainland Europe, and Middle East. His experience ranges from supporting and challenging Exec Teams at board level to develop strategy – to facilitating and leading teams to ensure smooth implementation. Using well tested Growth Strategies and practical experience, he is skilful at steering a successful path through obstacles and achieving measurable results.
With his personable style, he relates equally well to board members as he does to the front line – ensuring individuals maximize their full potential to the benefit of the business.
With unrivalled business acumen and facilitating multi-million euro businesses to achieve amazing results Alan knows what it takes to drive change right through a business – from top to bottom… and front to back. His experience covers B2B and B2C organisations across the spectrum of industry.
Up to 2004, Selfridges for example was a sleeping giant. Since then Alan facilitated a significant culture change project and as a result they achieved the official title of Best Department Store in the World… they have grown ebit by 230% and Customer Service by 27%. After 20 years – Alan continues to work with Selfridges Group.
Alan O'Neil's retail experience in particular, ranges from food to fashion… luxury to mass… big box to multiple site… and down-town to travel retail… in Europe, Russia and the Middle East. He has identified key characteristics of best in the world retailers, such as… total focus on customer… move at pace… are sophisticated yet practical… use science, senses and theatre to romance, entertain and sell… and they excel at driving footfall, conversion and average spend. All made even more possible with a high-performance culture.
But it’s not just about Retail. His experience also includes projects with other giants such as AIB Bank, Bulmers, Chevron, Glanbia, Intel, Kizad, Lavazza, Nissan, Symantec, Vodafone etc., where he brings discipline, common sense and rigour to their projects. With a level of empathy that is highly engaging – he can quickly get to the root of issues and facilitate effective long term results.
Alan is also a non-exec director for a number of companies, where he brings his experience, common sense and voice of the customer to the boardroom.
To book Alan O'Neill call Executive Speakers Bureau at 901-754-9404.
With real case studies, Alan regularly speaks on the topics below, always adapting them to suit the objective for the event. If your topic is not in this list, you are also welcome to suggest one that will better fit your needs.
- Show Me the Lid on the Box
- Change for the Good (presented to front-line teams of managers and non-managers going through change)
- Most Change programmes Fail – What are the Pitfalls? What are the Steps?
- Future-proof Your Business – and stay relevant
- What’s your Brand DNA? What will you be when you grow up?
- Change Made Possible with Great Leaders
- High Performance Culture
- Maximize Your People Productivity
- Culture? Get your Values Right
- They can copy your Strategy, but never your Culture
- Selfridges – High Performance Results in a High Performance Culture
- What added value can the HR community provide in a new world?
- What added value can the Finance community provide in a new world?
- How to develop an obsessive Customer Service Culture – from the Boardroom to the Front-line
- Is Customer Service really important in a B2B environment?
- In a digital world – does ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ really matter?
- Going the Extra Mile is a Waste of Time, unless…
- Customerise Your Business - and be Consistent
- Disney – the business behind the magic
- Disney-inspired Destination Development
- Super Service Made Simpleo Selfridges – From Good (71%) to Great (90%), consistently
- Driving Sales through Great Service… a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
- Engaged People – Engaged Customers
- Managing Complaints – Service Recovery
- Does Customer Service make Financial Sense?
- Future of Retail – Are you ready for the change?
- The Art of Retail Thinking – Retailers know how to Convert Customers to Cash – how can we have a bit of that?
- Drive Sales using FCA
- Supercharge your Business and Drive Sales with Retail-inspired Strategies – in any industry
- What is your true Commercial Driver?
- Secrets of Success from the Giants of Retail
- deBijenkorf – best in Netherlands, but not there yet!
- The Selfridges Story – the Best Dept Store in the World
CEO – Retail – Russia
“We greatly admire the Selfridges brand and wanted to hear the success story firsthand.”
Marketing Director – fmcg, UK
“We’ve invited Alan to speak on several occasions. If I had to do them all over again – I’d call Alan.”
VP – Europe – Software Localisation, EMEA
“With no fluff, Alan made efforts to get to know us. That’s what made our partnership work.”
CEO – Financial Services, UK
“Alan is very commercial and gave practical, sound advice that truly inspired and motivated our people.”
No News Found For this Speaker!